[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can computers think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: finnish_nm_9.jpg (41KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
finnish_nm_9.jpg
41KB, 700x480px
Just curious about /g/'s opinion
>>
making calculations is as much to "thinking" as being able to move a gearstick is to "driving"
>>
>>59529867
>think
define think.
>>
I use to tell my dad that the pc was thonking instead of loading
>>
>>59529867
I don't get the joke.
>>
>>59529983
Suomi don't talk much.
>>
>>59529932
I actually would love to hear each one's opinion on thinking and how do they relate their answer to this opinion.
>>
>>59529983
>I don't get the joke.
finns are the most autistic and anti-social people in the world.
>>
>>59530051
>I actually would love to hear each one's opinion on thinking and how do they relate their answer to this opinion.
that's the question anon. don't be a fucking philosopher and wrap your mind into definition knots that no one can untie.

that's why I consider "hard consciousness" and "thinking" to be bullshit terms that don't mean anything.
>>
>>59530057
I wish I was born in Finland. Maybe I'd fit in there.
>>
>>59529983
It's not a joke.
None of those Finnish nightmares comic strips really are. They're fairly accurate.
t. Pekka.
>>
File: 1466575453375.jpg (98KB, 750x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466575453375.jpg
98KB, 750x960px
i went to finland for a friend's wedding, and its true that the men seem very timid, but once you get a few beers down them, they instantly perk-up and become chatty

the women, on the other hand, seem to be a lot more aggressive sober or otherwise, i had to deal with an irate cashier at a convenience store because i dared to be foreign and go shopping in "her" shop on a sunday, giving her more work to do, i also had numerous women shouting at me to get my shirt off (im pretty ripped) when i was going out drinking

overall, i liked the place, more from my blog next time
>>
File: Waiting for the bus.jpg (179KB, 555x333px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting for the bus.jpg
179KB, 555x333px
Why are Finns so antisocial?
>>
File: 1447777540051.gif (302KB, 307x281px) Image search: [Google]
1447777540051.gif
302KB, 307x281px
I would really like to visit Finland and constantly make finnish people uncomfortable, i would constantly try to engage them in small talk non stop
>>
>>59529907
>as being able to move a gearstick is to "driving"
But that's literally 50% of what driving a steam locomotive is.
>>
>>59529983
Finnish people are stereotyped as being highly asocial.
>>
>>59529867
No, and I don't think it's possible that they ever will.

Your brain does not actually work in any way similar to a computer, and we don't know enough about what's going on in there to just 'mimic' one with PCs and assume it will work.
>>
>>59530435
don't.
finns have knives and guns
>>
File: fug.jpg (83KB, 680x580px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
83KB, 680x580px
>>59530222
>>
>>59529867
I've never seen stop buttons that don't work.

more like
>bus driver stops
>you want to get out
>he forgets to open to back door
>you have to yell to the driver that he's a stupid piece of shit
though I just start spamming the stop button
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.