[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ISPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: cable-guy-2.jpg (6KB, 173x291px) Image search: [Google]
cable-guy-2.jpg
6KB, 173x291px
"Ok Anon, the guy will be there tomorrow between 8am and 5pm to hook up the internet."

>he never shows up

WHAT THE FUCK! HOW ARE ISPS STILL SO USELESS IN 2017?
>>
An enormous barrier for entry resulting in effective monopolies or non-competitive duopolies in most markets. Neutered regulatory agencies, to a lesser extent.
>>
Uhh because they know you're going to fucking pay up reguardless of how shitty they are... plus it's easier for an ISP to start in an area with no high speed internet rather than compete with someone in an already developed area
>>
>>59529870
>duopolies
non-competitive
Examples please
>>
>>59529923
AT&T and and Comcast being in the same location as the only ISP. Instead of trying to fight on customers they can agree not to price war and have guaranteed customers and cash.
>>
>can't plug in a cable by himself
>>>/v/
>>
>>59529923
For example both AT&T and Comcast can't both charge more for their services than normal. They can do this because they are not competing, it's known that middle class will opt for Comcast while lower class will opt for AT&T's DSL. Another example is let's say and area has two high speed providers like Time Warner Verizon, they will not compete by lowering there pricing but rather agree to keep their prices high.
>>
>>59529785
>>59529870
>An enormous barrier for entry resulting in effective monopolies or non-competitive duopolies in most markets. Neutered regulatory agencies, to a lesser extent.

This is, and will continue to be, the only correct answer.
>>
internet in America is shit. That's all I know. It's run by kikes and lazyass overpaid it workers
>>
>>59529870
>duopoly
You can't just slap numbers in front of -opoly to make things sound bad.

>Polyopoly
>multiple businesses in an area
Oh no, they're too capitalist! Wahh, I want my commy...
>>
>>59529785
Contractors mostly. From the call center pajeet who never actually pulls up your account (much less schedules your install) to the line guy who can sit at home all day and just say 'you weren't home' on the ticket.

The ISPs want to be known for great customer service. They don't want to actually pay for it though, so they rely on the fact you probably don't actually have an option for internet.
>>
>>59530473

only the big boys, I work for an independent ISP and we murder comcast and verizon in buildings where people don't need/want cable.TV
>>
>>59529785
At least your ISP's don't totally fuck up and keep your network down all day. I've burned up more of my mobile data in the last 6 hours than I have in 6 months.
Thanks Cocks Communications. Because what the fuck is redundancy, amirite?
>>
>>59532680
Update, just by posting this I exceeded my high speed data limit for the rest of the month. Thanks again, Cocks communications!
And fuck Sprint too.
>>
>>59530809
oligopoly is a thing.
>>
>Americans
Hahhahaha
>>
>>59529785
just make your own isp OP
>>
Americans are also about to get their data sold by their ISP to advertising agencies, https won't prevent eavesdropping either.
>>
>>59532881
Who do you have? Charter?
>>
>>59529785
>not being able to self activate

time warner (now spectrum) is shit, but even they give me that option.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.