[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Apple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Low-end-Apple-Watch2.png (262KB, 1388x725px) Image search: [Google]
Low-end-Apple-Watch2.png
262KB, 1388x725px
I have been on the fence on buying an Apple Watch for some time, but recently my FitBit Charge HR crapped out (again) and I don't feel like begging FitBit to replace it (again).
I run and swim a lot, so something with HR-monitor and GPS is almost a necessity.
The Apple Watch Series 2 is what I decided on for factors: decent HR/GPS in comparison to hardcore sports-enthusiast watches made by Garmin ($400), but with better software support and accessories.
It's the accessories that make me hate Apple:

I want an Apple Watch Series 2 Aluminum in Silver (not Space Gray).
It only comes in a faggy white sports band. I'd have to shell out another $49 for a different color, or settle for an eBay knock-off that will likely come apart while I'm swimming in the bay.

What does /g/ think of the Apple Watch Series 2?
Have any of you done extensive activities with a Series 1? What do you think of it?

Thanks in advance.
Pete.
>>
>>59528925
The Series 2 is your best bet with what you're doing. The Series 1 can do this stuff, but the water resistance and GPS is a guarantee to go with the series 2. Also it gives the benefit of not taking your phone out if you're talking to someone or doing something business related.

I personally think wearables are still at that award stage where it's still considered a gimmick. But if you were to get a smartwarch, the Apple Watch is your bet due to having a lot of dev support. I picked up a Moto 360 Gen 1 for $70 and really regret it since Google already dropped support for it already and app choice is very limited.

It looks like you already did your homework on all of this and I approve your purchase.
>>
File: 1489956115070.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1489956115070.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>59528925
>>
>>59528925
get v2

i have it. it's great
>>
>>59529462
>>59529915

Thanks mane - honestly i'm surprised 2 /g/entlemen responded favorably towards a $400 wearable.

I agree that wearables are still in that awkward phase, but aside from the battery life, the Apple Watch seems to be a step in the right direction.
>>
>>59528925
>What does /g/ think of the Apple Watch Series 2?
>Have any of you done extensive activities with a Series 1? What do you think of it?
I don't know about /g/ in general, but I think that all smart watches are useless toys, no matter who makes them.
>>
Apple watch won't make you a better swimmer
>>
>>59528925
>Buying anything Applel

You have to be 18 to post here son
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.