[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What went wrong?
>>
Is there a things women masturbate with that's called symbian?
>>
>>59528641
Android took over and was vastly superior. At the time Symbian wasn't bad, for the N-95 etc.

>>59528683
No, that's a "sybian".
>>
Nothing really, it was a great platform in the early 2000s
>>
>>59528683
That's a sybian ...
>>
>>59528641
A lot.

Mostly nokia was too bored to care. After 3rd edition they also put a shitload of 'locks' so installing software was too difficult (you had to sign every executable or root your phone).

They were too late to the touch game with an actual touch oriented device (symbian 5th edition bullshit) until the N8 came.

And im also not sure how developer friendly they were.

And then android.

Symbian was heaven for the 1st and 2nd edition devices (s60), from the 7650 up to the 6680? n70? cant recall.

So many good memories.
>>
Too hard to make apps for
>>
>>59528683
I'd use Sybian OS
>>
I had an E75 in 2009. I wasn't sold on the touchscreen at the time. It was pretty good for like a year until android dominated the market. I still miss that full qwerty slider form factor
>>
File: smitin1992_Jan_11_04_24_c6b68c1a.jpg (241KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
smitin1992_Jan_11_04_24_c6b68c1a.jpg
241KB, 1080x1283px
Nothing went wrong. It was perfect with excellent optimisation and performance better than iOS.

It was killed by biased American tech media who never even used it.

The things they complained about it, like it being too complicated to used were bullshit. Android and iOS still don't have all the features Symbian had at the time.

Americans just wanted to get rid of the non-American OS so they could spy on everyone.
>>
File: nokia-5530-xpressmusic-031.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nokia-5530-xpressmusic-031.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
Symbian touch implementation being the utter unoptimised shite that lagged horribly, and instead of proper ui had these shite virtual buttons for functions that previously were bound to soft buttons. Owned a 6600 "penguin" and then n81 8gb - both were amazing for music, Gameboy emulators, reading books. Then my n81 borked and I had to "upgrade" to 5530 which was pretty horrible. Was no longer able to input text adequately, no emulators due to lack of control buttons, horrible screen that became illegible upon a promise of outdoor light and shite battery life. And it all lagged horribly.
>>
>>59530472
It existed, and became iOS because to use it you have to love getting fucked.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.