[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPICE newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

alright /g/uys

I'm a complete newfag when it comes to spice. Trying to use KiCAD with it's built in simulator (on its nightly build), however I'm struggling to get any meaningful results even with a simple resistor circuit.

>netlist (why does it label the nodes like this?):

.title KiCad schematic
RR1 VEE VCC 300
.end

>simulation output:

Circuit: KiCad schematic
Doing analysis at TEMP = 27.000000 and TNOM = 27.000000
Fatal error: DCtrCurv: source / resistor vvcc not in circuit
doAnalyses: no such device
run simulation(s) aborted

Any help/abuse appreciated
>>
Also I have literally no idea what to use as my DC voltage sweep source
>>
>>59527309
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=intro+to+spice+simulation
>>
>>59527917
I get it I get it lol trust me I've had a look and get how to do it by making your own netlist and that, what I'm struggling with is simulating within kicad (I'm trying to simulate a voltage rectifier with Darlington transistors and zener diodes, this is just for the sake of simplicity).

I've read up though and I just don't see how I can insert a dc voltage source into my schematic, like the bloke does in this vid: https://youtu.be/A2_-hdRcf4U

No need to be condescending I'm trying my best to be pragmatic
>>
>>59527309
I've never used KiCAD but it is highly probable that you need to associate VCC and VEE with a DC voltage source. Those things are probably just labels for ease of use and not circuit elements.

It labels nodes like that because
<Device name> <Node1 Label> <Node2 Label> <Device property>

And VCC and VEE are just labels.
>>
>>59528097
Thanks, I was thinking the same - VCC and VEE are just power flags I guess. I can't seem to find a dc voltage source in the libraries unfortunately.

I've seen people add a dc source into their netlists, do you think it would be easier just doing that?
>>
>>59528213
Download a source library then...
>>
>>59528213
It should be just 2 lines more in netlist but editing netlist everytime there's a change is not preferable. Find a better way. Follow a simple tutorial to see how others are doing it.
>>
>>59528316
Can you recommend one for kicad? Can't seem to find one I've asked on forums nothing yet
>>
>>59528324
I think you can put in spice commands as general text comments on the actual schematic, but yeh I'll take a look at some tutorials
>>
>>59528508
Spice commands are not the same as devices added to the circuit. You can use .include to include a netlist that has the DC source device and is connected to VCC and VEE in some way or you can set the node voltages using spice commands. But as I said this should be pretty common and straightforward to solve, there is no need to complicate things.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.