[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/ what would be a good gpu to work with a gtx 970 in SLI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1488269401430.jpg (131KB, 900x1200px)
1488269401430.jpg
131KB, 900x1200px
hey /g/ what would be a good gpu to work with a gtx 970 in SLI?
>>
a GTX 970 because that's how SLI works
>>
I'd say go with a GTX 970.
>>
Trying to get to the 7Gb promised land, anon?
>>
alright guys thanks. im just new to sli
>>
>>59526424
wait what
>>
>>59526437
What are you using it for?
>games
What one of the halfish dozen?
>>
A 970
>>
>>59526458
yeah i recently got some of the newer titles
>>
>SLIing a 3.5GB VRAM card
lol
>>
>>59526345
970 GTX is still good GPU that goes even with RX 480 in Nvidia optimized titles (read: half of current releases) however I wouldn't buy it in 2017, let alone combine it in SLI.

- SLI is garbage to begin with
- The whole point of having 2nd gpu is to run on higher resolutions and your vram won't stack in DX11 so being limited to 3.5 gigs of vram might bite in the ass.
- It's an old GPU that might lose its driver support any moment. Especially with Nvidia completely abandoning Kepler I'd be worried about buying outdated tech.
- Two 970s are only slightly faster than a single 1070. You'd be better off selling your current 970 and buying a new 1070 while paying the same as for 2 970s.

And I say this as a Nvidia shill that was always going for Nvidia with the exception of 280x which was so fucking bad that I went right back to 970 again.
>>
>>59526503
what would you suggest then
>>
>>59526518
read >>59526513
To add to his list, SLI and CrossfireX are very poorly supported by the majority of games, straight up don't work in some.

At this point, if you wanna drop money on GPUs, don't SLI. Save a bit more if you have little money, and just upgrade. SLIing a 970 is a waste of money, you won't have a noticeable performance upgrade in anything.
>>
>>59526513
thanks for typing this up man. ill listen to your advice since im not too sure about this sli getup
>>
>>59526542
alrighty thanks bro ill def do this
>>
>>59526345
SLI has to be the same GPU to work, eg 970 to 970
Crossfire is a bit looser, only needs the same chip, eg 290 and 290X
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.