[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

why /g/?
>>
Because that would be fucking retarded. Not as retarded as you obviously are, but close.
>>
>>59524259

He's a revolutionary!
>>
>>59524259
If he's so smart, why isn't he developing this idea?
>>
>>59524259
because memory does only a minimal set of operations
>>
>>59524259
You mean like JavaScript?
>>
Really depends on the use case. If you're doing small amounts of processing, yes it would save time to do the processing client side. If you're doing something heavier like facial recognition, it makes more sense to send the picture data to the server, server processes it with its most likely better processor, then sends the picture back.
>>
>>59524259
Because the server may be orders of magnitude faster than the local machine, so the cost of sending the data over is canceled out by being able to process it faster.
>>
>>59524390
>>59524392
But the server is not much different than the client except that you spent a lot of money for a powerful one.
Why not spend that money to make powerful clients rather than powerful servers?
>>
>>59524421
Why doesn't everyone just buy a semi truck so they can haul their own goods?
>>
Really activates my almonds
>>
>what is client side
>what is trash like javascript
>>
>>59524421
Because then the company can't be a gatekeeper that charges for access, gets paid to run advertisements, and block people who they don't like.
>>
Won't work if you need some data already on the server.
>>
>a certain combination of 1s and 0s are considered large
>>
>>59524259

1) Not all programs are small.
2) SQL requests are small programs.
3) Several web sites have interface for executing code on server side.
>>
>>59524766
Λωλ
>>
Because programs are larger than data, in 99% of cases.
>>
>>59524259
we already do what he seems to be suggesting where it makes sense to do so
>>
>>59524421
You clearly don't understand basic economy and marketing, or you just suffer from severe brain damage
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.