[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQG/ Stupid Questions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: pd.png (189KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
pd.png
189KB, 535x535px
Is using PerfectDisk redundant or maybe even bad for your drives if you're using Windows 10?
>>
I have one: I recently bought a cheap Dell pre-built from ebay with the intention to upgrade the ram and GPU to make it somewhat capable or games and software. However windows somehow got corrupted and won't start anymore (its stuck in an infinite loop of startup repair). This computer came with Windows 7 running. Right now I'm using a laptop that has Windows 8. I'm going to be building a 600 dollar rig soon, but I cannot afford to buy windows. My question is: Is there a way I can salvage one of the Windows license from either of these computers so that I don't have to buy it for my new rig?

Thanks for any help, and I hope your question gets answered OP.
>>
>>59522850
defragmenting your drive is not bad at all, but if your drive is giving up the ghost then you'll stress it even more, potentially shortening the life.

How do you check your drive's health? Various programs exists, I use Crystaldiskinfo, It give you the SMART status of your drive*. If it says its OK, you can defrag to your hearts content. But if it reports CAUTION, and you are inexperienced with hard drives then backup all your data ASAP and buy a replacement.

SMART is a technology that all the modern HDD have, and it monitors several parameters of your hard drive. Some of those parameters can flag potential problems and serve you as a reference of the drive status.

>>59522908
If you bought a Dell, then it surely have a Windows licence sticker. and its service tag sticker.

If you cant find the windows sticker, then use the service tag to check at dells site all the info of that computer, like all the original hardware it was sold with and if it had windows preinstalled.

If you cant get the installation disks from them, download your version of windows from sites searching for the DELL OEM version.

If you have the DELL OEM version, you can install windows in your DELL computer without it asking you for the product Key.
>>
What's the best FOSS video editor?
>>
File: 1457925777268.jpg (15KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1457925777268.jpg
15KB, 500x333px
>sitting there doing nothing
>open up a webpage
>internet connection is slow as dogshit
>after a few minutes it sorts itself out and stops being slow
whats up with this shit? watching my modem internet activity lights and they aren't flashing so there's no background downloads going on
only started doing this crap the past couple days too
>>
>>59525170
If you're using ADSL then consider contention ratio (bandwidth will be shared with 10 other households).
If the connection drops out a lot, then you might have corrosion on the line.
>>
Is Gentoo good for steam games?
>>
>>59525299
i thought ADSL was the one where i got a dedicated line and cable was the one where i had to share bandwidth with the neighbourhood
>>
>>59525376
Business adsl has a 3-1 contention ratio, residential adsl 10-1.
Don't know about fiber.
>>
I'm taking my fuckhueg laptop on a 14 hour flight and its charger draws 90w, but the plane's outlet will trip the breaker above 65w. Is it generally possible to get a lower rated adapter that will just charge slower or is that a recipe for fire?

The battery is HP MU09 and the plug is a standard-looking round DC jack.
>>
File: ss (2017-03-22 at 11.47.59).png (17KB, 756x377px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-22 at 11.47.59).png
17KB, 756x377px
>>59525428
>residential adsl 10-1
thats just gross
>>
Does 127.0.0.1 work if I'm not connected to any network?
>>
What are some bad habits to get into while programming, specifically in OOP, and how should you avoid them

Whenever I get stuck in a situation I always seem to fall back on overuse of if statements and crappy temporary counter variables. I'm about absolutely sure it's bad coding style because in the worst cases my code usually ends up looking like a jumbled unreadable mess (and probably is slower than an alternative), but I'm honestly not sure how to stop doing this.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
I have a Geforce MX440 (64mb AGP) (pic related).

How do i get the Yellow RCA output to work on my old CRT.

I plugged in an RCA cable, turned the TV to AV and started the computer...

Nothing.. Do i need to enable it in windows using a normal lcd, then reboot?

Im running XP SP3, and in Display Settings - with only 1 monitor connected via VGA it shows i have 2 screens being displayed.

What do g?
>>
>>59528457
g is dead this evening.
>>
File: SCR_20170322_123414.webm (1MB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
SCR_20170322_123414.webm
1MB, 480x854px
Anyone else have this issue with clover? How can I fix this shit
>>
>>59528457
Is your resolution set to 640x480?
>>
File: TV_Settings.png (2MB, 2720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TV_Settings.png
2MB, 2720x1080px
>>59529965
Only able to set it to 800x600 in windows settings.

via NVidia CP i can lower it to 640x480 but after hitting Apply it just goes back to 800 x 600.

Possibly because the TV is not connected to it, only the monitor.

I will have to try it with the TV connected tomorrow as my cable is not long enough to reach and i dont have time today.
>>
I just sold the parts for my old streaming pc 2600k, p67a-ud4-b3, and 24gb of ddr3 ram(I had extra 8 gb pack for some reason) For a Ryzen 1700 mobo and 16gb of DDR4 for a pure x264 streaming machine....... Did I fuck up or am I going to be able to stream at 60FPS at medium CPU settings 5000bitrate? I can currently only stream at 30 FPS with these settings.
>>
>>59527267
It works, yes.
>>
File: c++.jpg (124KB, 516x648px) Image search: [Google]
c++.jpg
124KB, 516x648px
>>59528263
Read a good book about programming.

Cultivate an understanding that code always changes;
that the code you write should be robust in the face of that change;
and that should not get in the way of effecting those changes.

At least that was what I thought when I was at the height of my programming-fu.
>>
>>59531263
you'll be fine. good choice
>>
File: Windows-new-logo-e1329556070552.jpg (13KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-new-logo-e1329556070552.jpg
13KB, 500x361px
How can I optimize windows 8?
Is there any infographic like there was for windows 7?
>>
>>59532937
Same question as this guy, but Windows 10 instead of 8. Already used shutup10 though.
>>
>>59525475
It is not necessarily true that your power adapter consumes always 90W. Thats the maximum output that the adapter can provide.

So, you can use your computer if you put it in power save mode so it draws the bare minimum of power.

Also use it with the least demanding programs that you can. You can verify how much power yor computer draws with devices like the Kill-a-Watt
>>
Does anyone know how to set up Wakaba here?

I'm trying to make a small chan to play with and run on my local network, but I keep getting this error:
>Unrecognized character \xE2; marked by <-- HERE after N_PASS => <-- HERE near column 28 at config.pl line 11. Compilation failed in require at >/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/SpessChan/wakaba.pl line 16. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs
>/SpessChan/wakaba.pl line 16.
Line 11, char 28 is a ' symbol, and line 16 contains the MySQL database password

I'm pretty sure I've got Apache and MySQL set up right, but I'm not certain.
I'm really new to anything web related.
>>
If I'm targetting desktops of most realistic OSs and possibly some mobile environments (but I'm less worried about compatibility for those), how realistic is it to run into a system that can't run OpenGL? Creating software alternatives for everything would be an ass-load of work.
>>
I have a video encoded the following way (see pic).
How do I re-encode this video in ffmpeg without changing the video bitrate or codecs, but just the audio bitrate? Same quality, just the audio in 128 kbps and preferably in lower sample rate
>>
What's a cheap and halfway decent wireless PCI-E adapter?
>>
>>59534995
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -map 0 -c copy -c:a libfdk_aac -vbr 4 -ar 32000 output.mp4

where "32000" is the new sample rate
swap "-vbr 4" with "-b:a 128k" if you really want CBR
>>
Posted this in pcbt but I'll ask it here too.

If my gaming build will have b250 motherboard, am I stuck with Windows10?
>>
File: SS3028.png (9KB, 525x217px) Image search: [Google]
SS3028.png
9KB, 525x217px
i'd like to block the 4chan_pass cookie using greasemonkey but i suck at scripts syntax
what's wrong with this one?
>>
>>59532937
>>59533001
Check out what BlackViper offers, can get ya services tuned at least.
>>
File: 1489677285666.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1489677285666.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
Should I wait to buy a ~$350 CPU?

I bought a Intel i7 7700k and an Asus 270e mobo.. And I haven't opened any of it yet and I kind of had it on my mind that if AMD release some new chipsets that heavily compete with Intel soon, then Intel will try to one up AMD very soon after or lower their prices in general..

Should I just return my combo and wait it out for a bit?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.