[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How likely is it that a water cooler will leak? Should I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ()WC.png (334KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
()WC.png
334KB, 800x450px
How likely is it that a water cooler will leak? Should I just stick with Air cooling?
>>
>>59516766
AIO's usually never leak, unless you damage the tubes/cables
>>
>>59516766
It rusts. Pumps break. Cooler line can break.

Stick with air.
>>
For the price difference the cooling improvements are too small. Stick with air.
>>
>>59516766
extremely rare but it is a possibility
>>
50%

it either leaks or not
>>
If your're not planning to overclock, stick with air.

I guess you could also get away with a high overclock with one of those huge noctua sinks like the dh-15 I think. Most people can't because of clearance issues. If you are planning a high overclock then you really can't beat water-cooling.
>>
>>59516766
Even though chances are small it's bigger than air which is zero
>>
>>59516766
Stick with air, not only will air coolers not leak but they just last longer.

AIOs are good for when your really constrained on space but still want to overclock some, even then a good chunk of mini itx cases can still support a sizable cooler
>>
>>59516817
This doesn't make any sense. Liquid coolers cool better then air coolers by a wide margin. There's a reason why radiators industry wide use liquid of some sort in their cooling process. Does it cost more for liquid? When you're comparing it to a hyper 212 sure it does. But it also cools 60%+ better then a 212 as well.
>>
>>59517048
When comparing a really high end air cooler which at most is going to be $80-90 dollars
and comparing a decent AIO 240mm cooler that can be close to $150 the extra price your paying along with a the few risks of water cooling it ends up not being worth it in the end considering you might at most only get 5c cooler with water along with it being louder.
>>
File: 1468324457691.jpg (43KB, 344x353px) Image search: [Google]
1468324457691.jpg
43KB, 344x353px
If you can get a good price on a dark rock, nh d15, that big phanteks cooler, like $70 or below it's worth it to just do that. $100 water coolers tend to be marginally better but offer less weight hanging off your motherboard and perfect ram compatibility. Water cooling really excels at cooling GPUs. GPU coolers tend to be shit because of their form factor so where as a $50 120mm radiator AIO is fairly shit for a CPU it will keep a 1080 at it's maximum possible clock while being below like 55c.

Leaks are common with shit coolers from chinese companies but corsair nzxt evga cooler master etc tend to be fine.
>>
>>59516766
AIO coolers are the biggest meme going.
Memes can sometimes be good though so these aren't even meme level, they're just straight up retarded.
Think about it; with an air cooler the heat transfers directly to a heatsink and then is dissipated. With a water cooler it's exactly the same except you pay double the price to slap a loud ass pump ontop of the CPU and put the radiator 30cm away so the heat has to travel through a bunch of component-killing-if-it-leaks liquid to reach it.
There's barely any temperature improvement, some AIO coolers actually perform worse than air coolers.
Literally the only benefit I can think of it aesthetics, they're worse in every other way imaginable.
>>
>>59516766
i've owned 3 AIO's
one never leaked but the fluid did dry up
the other 2 still run flawlessly
>>
>>59517048
Big noctua shits on liquid
>>
>>59517146
>what is ram clearance
>what is real overclock
>what is not having a giant case that looks like and air conditioner

of course some air coolers are better, but you'd have to give up on a lot of stuff
>>
>AIO
just don't. Desktop CPUs don't produce enough heat to need more than air cooling.

Only ever consider watercooling if you have a 400W+ gaymen system you can't keep quiet on air. For everything else it's pointless.
>>
>>59516786
>AIO's usually never leak
Yes but rarely they sometimes always do, and you don't want that to happen to you.

OP, follow your heart.
>>
The only downside of AIO WC is that you can stick the radiator out of pc case.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.