[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck do I even start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1488982071238.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488982071238.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
I simply want to learn about fucking Kernels, Terminals, emulator e.t.c but don't even know where to start, all I've got are PDFs but they include terminology that I don't know fuck all about yet. It becomes this endless search for simplification it drives me fucking nuts.

Help.
>>
>>59515468
Not shitting you : Install gentoo
>>
Go to uni for CE or CS
>>
>>59515468
Install Gentoo (not memeing)

Practical experience is the best
>>
>>59515496
That shit's a meme right now dude, just want a hobby, not a qualification for Starbucks.
>>
File: tinystallman.png (198KB, 397x285px) Image search: [Google]
tinystallman.png
198KB, 397x285px
Pssh,

Hey kid...
>>
>>59515541
I mean you say that but it's got one of the highest rates of employment straight out of uni. If you've seen silicon valley there was a joke about people dropping out of uni to get a job. That has some truth to it, industry is so desperate for cs students that they even take dropouts.
>>
>>59515468
You have the internet, a search engine, and wikipedia you lazy fuck. if you really wanted to learn you'd be plowing through documents that sound interesting to you while going and looking up all the unfamiliar terms. That's what happens when you pick up an entirely unfamiliar field. You have to go look up a bunch of really basic shit. Eventually you get beyond that and start to understand things better.

You don't actually want to learn things, you just like the idea of learning things and wish you could do it without any work.
>>
>>59515603
I'm actually a hyper-autist who has terrible reading comprehension skills.
>>
>>59515601
Huh... I see /g/ must get its pessimism and lack of ambition shipped from /r9k/
>>
>>59515663
The only way to fix that is by practice. There's no shortcut. Go do it.
>>
>>59515685
I guess the answer really is that I'm just not working hard enough though I thought I was.
>>
>>59515468
Learning by doing.

Get a VM and run some Distro on it.
>>
>>59515747
If you persevere you can make progress, anon. It might be slow going, but it's 100% possible. Everyone starts somewhere.

But you have to start, and then keep going, even if it seems like you'll never get where you want to be.
>>
>>59515863
You're very right.
I've got my own issues right now with motivation and mental health so I just hope this hobby brings me out of the state I'm in... don't want to end up like the stereotypical /r9k/goer.

Always loved computers, not gonna let that passion fade away like a 'new years resolution' to a stereotypical teenage white girl.
>>
>>59515468

>Kernels
Use Minix for a while.

>emulator
Go read up on the Game Boy's docs and make a Game Boy emulator.
>>
>>59515468
CS50.tv
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.