[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https wtf !?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: is_that_true_guys.jpg (6KB, 342x147px) Image search: [Google]
is_that_true_guys.jpg
6KB, 342x147px
Hey guys is that true ?

HTTPS Handshake:
Client : Generate 'client encrypt key' and 'client decrypt key'
Server : Generate 'server encrypt key' and 'server decrypt key'

Client --> Server : GET
Client <-- Server : Send 'server encrypt key'
Client --> Certificate authority Server : Send server domain name and 'server encrypt key'
Client <-- Certificate authority Server : Valid or not the 'server encrypt key'
Client --> Server : Encrypt 'client encrypt key' with 'server encrypt key' and send it
Client <-- Server : PAGE encrypted with 'client encrypt key'
Client decrypt PAGE with 'client decrypt key' and display PAGE !

Attack HTTPS:
RULES = CLIENT <-> ATTACKER <-> SERVER
RULES = CLIENT <-> ATTACKER <-> CERTIFICATE AUTHORITY SERVER
Client : Generate 'client encrypt key' -> 'client decrypt key'
Server : Generate 'server encrypt key' -> 'server decrypt key'
Attacker : Generate 'atk server encrypt key' -> 'atk server decrypt key' and 'atk client encrypt key' -> 'atk client decrypt key'

Client --> Attacker : GET
Attacker --> Server : GET
Attacker <-- Server : Send 'server encrypt key'
Client <-- Attacker : Send 'atk server encrypt key'
Client --> Attacker : Send server domain name and 'atk server encrypt key'
Client <-- Attacker : Valid the 'atk server encrypt key'
Client --> Attacker : Encrypt 'client encrypt key' with 'atk server encrypt key' and send it
Attacker --> Server : Decrypt 'client encrypt key' with 'atk server decrypt key', replace 'client encrypt key' by 'atk client encrypt key', reencrypt it with 'server encrypt key' then send it
Attacker <-- Server : Send PAGE encrypted with 'atk client encrypt key'
Client <-- Attacker : Decrypt PAGE with 'atk client decrypt key', encrypt 'new PAGE' with 'client encrypt key'
Client decrypt PAGE with 'client decrypt key' and display PAGE !
>>
i mean this is my own perspective of how the system work i know there is a lot more alteration during the process but is that possible ?
>>
File: creepypepe.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
creepypepe.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>
>>59511773
>Hey guys is that true ?
No. Protecting against man in the middle attacks are what the certificate system is for. It's an essential part of the protocol and missing in your attack example.
>>
>>59511811
missing ? na it's a part of the attack ! The CA srv is also being spoofed and redirect into the attacker machine

SEE:
Client --> Attacker : Send server domain name and 'atk server encrypt key'
Client <-- Attacker : Valid the 'atk server encrypt key'
>>
>>59511843
That is not how certificates work. Go study the workings of certificates. Hint: no authority server is involved anywhere.
>>
>>59511843
>CA srv is also being spoofed
To spoof CA you need to compromise client.
>>
Oh any doc about that ? I was thinking it was just an other server sorry
>>
>>59511993
Are you a wincuck?
Win+R -> certlm.msc
>>
Remember that https does not encrypt the address/domainname.

As a sysadmin, I can clearly see what domains the people in my network look at. If the client is in your network, the client is fucked/can be fucked with. The only thing you do not see is the address-part after the domain/ip.
>>
>>59512018
>certlm.msc
Error: Not found
on my W7
>>
>>59512033
hmm yeah https does not encrypt anything before the ipv4 header (i guess)
>>
>>59511773
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Public_Key_Pinning
>>
>>59512055
certmgr.msc?

Point is, there are certs on your PC.
>>
>>59512136
>https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Public_Key_Pinning
ye i also know about HSTS but that isn't the point bro
>>
>>59512159
>certmgr.msc
Works!
>>
>>59512159
Actually what happens if I delete all of them?
Certum CA, GlobalSign, SecureTrust, Thawte, VeriSign, whatever...
I really want to do this now, just for the lulz.
>>
>>59512308
Do it faggot. Well, you can see what those certs do - it will be warnings on HTTPS sites and apps can't check their signature. Just be sure to grab a copy of cert updater from M$ site.
>>
>>59512033
You can be fucked with but the worst thing you could do is SSLstrip.
>>
>>59512308
nothing. it will just show a warning on every https site. its actually good because then you have to check the certificate every time and can see if its not real.
>>
>>59512366
>>59512503
Well I did it and it did not happen that much. I guess I wished for more fun.

Anyways, I didn't make a backup. I don't care.
>>
File: 1460312614266.jpg (40KB, 499x512px) Image search: [Google]
1460312614266.jpg
40KB, 499x512px
>>59512715
>Anyways, I didn't make a backup. I don't care.
AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>59512729

>>>/r/madlads
>>
>>59512774
It's not my fault reddit hijacked yet another meme.
>>
>>59511781
It's easy to see that you're very young because you've jumped to drastic conclusions (i.e. that you found a good attack vector) very very quickly, before you really understood how certificate authorities work.

Read more, learn patience and you'll be alright. Good luck.

(If you're actually over 18, kys.)
>>
>>59514165
true i'm 19 and na i didn't think that was an vuln, i just didn't understand where am i wrong coz i know ca spoofing isn't a thing...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.