[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What''s the best alternative to Rubymine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: RUBYDEV.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
RUBYDEV.png
14KB, 400x400px
What''s the best alternative to Rubymine?
>>
>>59509641
Wtf, I can't develop for commercial things?
>>
>>59509641
emacs
>>
Sublime
>>
Ruby isn't really a language that calls for an IDE. Just use Atom/Sublime/VSCode with some addons for syntax highlighting and snippets if you need them.

The language really isn't that big that you can't remember the good parts and look up what you forget. The rubydoc for the standard library and modules is tiny compared to other languages.

Even when working with shit like rails and rack there are commands built into the gems that do the kind of shit IDEs do in other languages.

There isn't really anything as good as Rubymine, though. If that's not to your liking you're pretty much on your own.
>>
>>59510368
>>59510180
I can't debug it.
>>
>>59510485
You should be using pry for that
>>
>>59510483
>shit like rails and rack
How so? I find very interactive to use. What else I can use?
>>
>>59510500
Pry have live debug pass?
>>
>>59510524
Not sure what you are trying to say, but pry allows you to set breakpoints in your code and debug from terminal, independent of your ide/text editor.
>>
vim
>>
>>59510510
I'm saying that you don't need an IDE to use Rails or Rack, not that Rails/Rack are shit, they're not.

Rails and Rack have built in commands for generating views/configurations/project skeletons, you don't need any special IDE features to handhold through Rails/Rack usage, they're easy to use.
>>
RoR or?
>>
>>59509641
Notepad.exe
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.