[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an interview in a few hours for an entry level IT Job.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1469758842775.jpg (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1469758842775.jpg
37KB, 657x527px
I have an interview in a few hours for an entry level IT Job. 1st Level, Help Desk Shit. Inside of the company itself.

What can i expect?
>>
>>59505795

Brush up on quicksort and algorithms.

Make sure to tell them you use Arch Linux exclusively and hate systemd
>>
>>59505795
pain, suffering, disappointment, a desire to switch careers and hate tech

level 1 is for scrublords who have zero skills in life.

i know this because i am level 1
>>
>>59505795
take a shower before you go and wear some nice clean clothes, also talk without mumbling and sit with some semblance of posture
>>
>>59505795

Accept that it'll be tedious shit but still easier than most other entry level jobs.
>>
File: autistic hyperborean pepe.png (349KB, 1616x1220px) Image search: [Google]
autistic hyperborean pepe.png
349KB, 1616x1220px
>>59505862

i like to believe i can at least get some skills on paper to escape this life one day...mb thats a lie

>>59505883

appreciate your advice but its not that bad
>>
>>59505834
in the interview for my current position (sys admin) I talked to the interviewer about debian, sysmd and how/why I self hosted the email on my resume.
>>
>>59505906
>get some skills on paper
not from a level 1 job. your role is to answer phones and write down what people say. you have no power to fix anything, and poeple will get shitty when you try to, because if the phone call goes on too long, your own bosses will come down on you, even if its because youre doing "your job" and helping people. no, your job is actually to belt feed tickets and get them off the phone as quickly as fucking possible
>>
>>59505919
that's good but that's not a level 1 interview

>thejoke
>>
>>59505919
noone actually gives a fuck you unhelpful pile of shit
>>
>>59505931
I get the joke, just was honestly surprised that I got the job after sperging on about linux.

>>59505947
Want some help getting essential a burger flipping job in the tech field you faggot. Do you know how to google, install programs, plug in a keyboard mouse and monitor. Can you form full sentences? Then you are ready for a level one interview.
>>
>>59505795
Did you ever watch "The IT crowd"?
>>
>>59505958
i can talk at length about linux and the history of computing and do it to kill time in job interviews

at a certain level, even in dev roles, it shows you have a genuine interest in the field and aren't just looking for an easy cheque

(the average dev gets out of school not actually knowing anything about computing and for employers its frustrating as fuck)
>>
>>59505947
>noone

Learn to spell you illiterate nigger
>>
As long as you know how to set up GPO rules and work with ActiveDirectory you're golden.
>>
>>59505919
How did they know you self hosted?
>>
>>59506025
I guess they didn't usually see emails that weren't normal like gmail and shit. Asked me who I used for hosting because they used 365 then that went into how I self host.
>>
>>59505795
enthusiasm for resetting passwords and cable management.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.