[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Was he right?
>>
>>59504724
Depends on the context
>>
>>59504724
Yeah he was right

except unfortunately computing and technology (largely the technology he helped create) have destroyed everyone's attention spans and have made them incapable of thinking for longer than three seconds about anything

oops

also there's no evidence of Steve ever programming, but the sentiment sounds good
>>
>>59504724
No.

Knowing how to program is going to be useless in 10-20 years
>>
>>59504724
From a literal standpoint, no.

All people think differently, and right off the bat, men tend to be more analytical than women, while women tend to be emotional.

And to what extent--anyone can learn the basics of programming, but it takes years to learn the intricacies of just one language.

It's probably better to say, 'everyone should pass high school, because it teaches you to think.' Or better yet, 'everyone should take at least one debate class' or 'everyone should take at least one modern art class'.
>>
File: top_10_saddest_anime_moments.png (322KB, 788x515px) Image search: [Google]
top_10_saddest_anime_moments.png
322KB, 788x515px
>>59504770
Have destroyed everyones attention span?

Really?

As if peoples attention spans weren't already shot. You literally don't need an excuse like yours to explain why niggers have no attention span.

>>59504780
Also this is cancer posting at its finest.

Really programmings going to be dead? ok kiddo, maybe when it comes to html , but theres always going to be another language to learn.

Let me guess, automation is going to take everyones job and thats why we need communism too?

I'm still waiting for those flyign cars and robot cooks that were supposed to happen in the 1950s.

Fucking mouth breathing, low iq'ing, 5'6' and under'ing, degenerate filth
>>
>>59504836
this guy's brain is so fucked by computers and the internet that he can't even post a coherent thought

QED
>>
>>59504836
>Let me guess, automation is going to take everyones job
Yes

>Fucking mouth breathing, low iq'ing, 5'6' and under'ing,
No

>degenerate filth
Yes
>>
>>59504724
i think thats a little biased, every major makes you think. also his iphone ideas are shit, hes just making it trendy to sell.
>>
>>59504724
Yeah, you need to think logically about the steps your program takes. You don't have to be a master to get shit done though, the logic is the important part and nowadays a looooot of that is abstracted away anyway.
>>
>>59504724
You are aware Jobs couldnt program, right?
>>
>>59505008
Probably more like "wouldn't" learn. Too busy dropping acid and selling computers.
>>
>>59504724
When Jobs said that the only languages generally available for the public were teaching languages like BASIC and Pascal.
Although his dealings with PARC had exposed him to OOP, I doubt he thought the public would want to learn something that complex.
>>
>>59504724

No.

It teaches you how to think like a computer. You have to rephrase your instructions in a way it can understand them.

If everyone thought like that it would be a hive mind ant colony.

Can you imagine a Picasso or a Dali trying to think like a computer?
>>
>>59506082
>think
>like a computer
Computers don't think, bro. Being able to change your perspective to fit into and out of different paradigms is fucking why Picasso was great.
>>
>>59504724
Yes, but he didn't want people to think or else they wouldn't buy his product.
>>
>everybody should write a book because it teaches you to read
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.