[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you delid your i7-7700k? Give details. Which tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: delid_relid_.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
delid_relid_.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Have any of you delid your i7-7700k? Give details. Which tools did you use to delid? To wipe away the TIM? To remove the adhesive? Did you use solvents of any kind to clean away the TIM residue or the adhesive residue? Which TIM did you use? Which adhesive, if any, did you use? Please give as much detail as you can with regard your technique and procedure.

Most importantly, what kind of heat reduction did you gain from the delid?
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=7700k+delid
>>
>>59504536

I'm looking for people with personal experiences who are interested in posting to /g/ who might be open to answering some questions. Thanks anyway.
>>
>Which tools did you use to delid?
rockit

>To wipe away the TIM?
fingernail

>To remove the adhesive?
fingernail

>Did you use solvents of any kind to clean away the TIM residue or the adhesive residue?
70% iso alch

>Which adhesive, if any, did you use?
used loctite gel on the corners as per the relid instructions

>Please give as much detail as you can with regard your technique and procedure
if you want in depth use google

>Most importantly, what kind of heat reduction did you gain from the delid?
+200mhz at the same thermal threshhold
>>
Best method is heating it up until the alloy IHS melts
>>
>>59504515
>razorblades
>screwdriver
>stove top burner
literally all you need.
>>
>>59504515
For a 4790K
>Which tools did you use to delid?
Rockit 88

>To wipe away the TIM?
Alcohol and qtips

>To remove the adhesive?
Credit Card

>Did you use solvents of any kind to clean away the TIM residue or the adhesive residue?
93% Isopropyl Alcohol

>Which adhesive, if any, did you use?
Did not relid

>Please give as much detail as you can with regard your technique and procedure
The process is so simple its very unlikely something will go wrong. A YT vid is probably better at demonstrating the process than I am at writing it.

>Most importantly, what kind of heat reduction did you gain from the delid?
From 100C under prime 95 to ~80-82 at same voltage/OC. Amazing stuff. Unfortunately I'm not willing to go further than my 1.25V/4.6GHz OC for daily use. FOr 4.7 I need more than 1.3V
>>
>>59504515
>>59505596

Don't use fucking qtips jesus fuck how retarded is this suggestion?

Use coffee filters, they leave no dander and fiber behind.
>>
>>59505596
>95C
a-anon, make sure you don't burn down the whole building
>>
>>59504515
>i7-7700k
how about not buying intel housefires you faggot
>>
>>59507291
Sorry kid but I had a Prescott
>>
>>59507295
>bought prescott
>bought babby lake
do you like to get cucked or something? why do you fall for jewish tricks?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.