[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nootropics are technology right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15

File: nootropics.jpg (20KB, 300x247px) Image search: [Google]
nootropics.jpg
20KB, 300x247px
Anyone here use any nootropics?

Good/bad experiences?

What nootropics have people found to be actually useful?

I'm going to say Tianeptine sulfate for depression for myself, it's way more effective than any ssri that I've tried. Anyone else have good/bad results from Tianeptine?
>>
>>59491493
Bump for interest. Where to start?
>>
bump fags
>>
>>59492657
Well, depends on what you want to use them for, as well as what's legally available in your country. Also most legitimate nootropics come as bulk powders, you will need an accurate milligram scale to dose without risk (like ~20$ on Amazon, look up the Gemini-20)

But some good starters:

phenylpiracetam: stimulant & cognitive enhancer. Has a strong affect, no question of placebo. Makes it concentrating on technical tasks way easier and more rewarding, prevents me from getting bored every five minutes and checking 4chin/leddit/fb. dose: 150-300mg, once or twice a week (builds tolerance fast). Similar effects as piracetam (original drug, intended for everyday use, many people report feeling nothing as it has a very weak effect) and oxiracetam (more potent than the base drug, but not as effective as phenyl-). And a bunch of other anecdotally less effective racetams.

semax: mood enhancer & anti-anxiety, makes social interaction easier. Available as nasal spray that needs to be refridgerated. ceretropic is the most reliable source.

tianeptine (sulfate): fantastic ssri/antidepressant replacement. Has a different moa to traditional antidepressants, and anecdotally is significantly more effective. Doses are ~50mg once a day. Don't take more than 100mg a day, ever.

Be responsible, test with lower doses first, weigh your shit with an accurate milligram scale, with a resolution of 0.001g.
>>
>>59491493
gingko biloba and caffeine.
>>
>>59492843
>gingko biloba
what do you take this for, what are it's effects?

I can't seem to find any reliable information, seems to basically only have placebo effects?
>>
>>59492669
there i bumped for you
>>
i shall assume Noopept is related. seemed to be a favourite among mdma users as it was said to greatly amplify its effects. since last year's UK blanket ban on "legal highs" and similar substances i would assume you can only get it on the deep webs.
>>
>>59491493
L-Theanine 200mg once in the morning and 2x at night for anxiety and chillmode
Caffeine 400mg in the morning, 200mg every 4 hours

Looking into trying some racetams and phenibut soon.
>>
>>59492923
Technically in the uk, all "psychoactive substances" are banned. So all nootropics technically fall under this rule. I don't know what the penalties are for importing, you might get it through if the seller doesn't write the contents on the customs form on the package.

noopept is pretty popular, I never had any positive results though, tried it every day for a week and it just made me feel dumber.
>>
>>59492941
Best racetam is phenylpiracetam imo, it's the one to try. Most useful one imo, don't take it every day, just every so often when you have a bunch of shit to concentrate on and do. Other racetams have less effects, many people report feeling nothing from plain piracetam for example.
>>
>/g/

noopept is placebo as fuck

also nootropics are for pussies

RC's is what you want.

Got a shit ton of 4F-MPH and that shit makes you really awake. dilluted it in glycole and glycerine and usually daily it 5-10 mg. Take it when you wake up or find benzos because you wont sleep for shit at night.
>>
>>59491493
Just take Adderall dude. Amphetamine and meth are acceptable.

It's easy to a script. If you don't have a dealer, it's ez to buy drugs on the dark markets.

Of course, that's if you want to succeed. If you don't.. have fun mixing flowers and untested chemicals produced in dirty Chinese labs.
>>
>>59492955
Word. Thanks for the rec. Theres so much FUD on racetams and so many, its hard to pick one to order. Have you tried phenibut at all? Is it recreational in your experience?

>>59492967
>putting chinese bathtub chemicals into your body. ISHYDDT
>>
L-theanine + caffeine and creatine.
>>
Caffeine only.

Looking for suggestions on something that can help me focus in. I feel like I'm all over the place and can't focus on anything for more than 5-30 minutes, so my workplace end up having to give me 6+ things so I stay engaged.

Sometimes a couple of beers actually helps me focus on something for a few hours.

Need something legal, of course. I don't have any friends who source anything.
>>
>>59491493
Nootropics depend upon your centrally aligned star. It's important to know what kind of star you have before catabolically altering your neurofunctional brain chemicals. Simple things like sleeping all your way side can be harmful for that central positioning that oxygenates the inner crystals of your blood system, hence a malfunctioned neurotic signal. Any malformed signaling can really cause adverse and undesirable reactions to any nootropics since they act on the synthesis level of the brain. I advise reading online guides until you understand what star type you are and then can henceforth properly align your signals to react beneficially with the right combination of a nootropics stack.
>>
>>59493326
Experiences: Theanine-caffeine combo gives a calm concentrated state of mind. Caffeine tends to give me really bad headaches, so I don't take it that often.

With creatine, i find that it boosts mental capacity for problem solving etc. I take about 2 grams daily, should not be a problem for kidneys at that dosage.
>>
>>59493381
Is Creatine problematic to kidneys?
>For those with healthy kidneys: No.
>For those with impaired kidney function, it is highly unlikely but one should still check with their medical doctor.

FYI senpai
>>
>>59493380
i think you're mixing up drugs and astrology
>>
>>59493425
All is one big equilibrium

It's the law of thermodynamics in action
>>
>>59493403
It might be problematic with the doses bodybuilders use it (up to 20 g daily). Meat-eaters get around 5 g daily, depending on the type of meat etc. The body also produces it, so i figured that low extra dosage will be at the sweet spot of causing no trouble, yet give some boost.
>>
>>59493455
Also, bodybuilders usually use it for a period of time, not for a long period like I.
>>
>>59493455
Gotcha. I take about 6g daily with my BCAA's and brotein.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/
>>
>>59492950
small piece of advice, you are retarded

to put it in perspective, caffeine is considered a nootropic
>>
>>59492874
There is no strong evidence that it works that I've ever come across. Its an old "new age" health supplement that for a long time people claimed improved memory.

>>59492955
For whatever reason some people don't metabolize piracetam, even when properly taken with choline. I started taking it some time ago, and I have good effect from it. Its like a caffeine or nicotine buzz without any of the downsides. I get that sort of magic silver tongue that happens after a couple drink where words just flow out a bit easier, so its easier to speak and get ideas across without having to pause.

Overall though the best thing I've ever happened across for brain function is eating plenty of vegetables, and exercise. Lifting a few times a week did more for me than anything else.
>>
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAINSHROOMTECHKRILL & MCT OILPRIMATE CARE PILLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk<---- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©

cue the hempforce mustard
>>
anyone tried modafinil?
>>
>>59494283
Only one worth trying, anything else is snake oil besides dexies or other shit thats been around for a while
>>
>>59494308
how it works for you?
I did tons of research but in the end I'm still not entirely convinced, so I didn't get my hands on any.
>>
What about LSD?
>>
>>59494325
It works well when you havent had enough sleep, it's not so much a buzz but something that makes you feel like you've had 10 hours of sleep.

I've spent >$600 in total on Moda in total because i use it pretty frequently.

Your mileage may vary but it's gonna be worth getting 30 pills or so, just get generic I use modavigil.

Also might be important but if you have a fucked liver do not take these.
>>
>>59494359
I looked into it mainly because lately I've had a streak of feeling like an lethargic shit and I can't work like that so I wanted something that'd make me more energetic and focused.

I guess I'll drop some cash on it.
>>
>>59494389
Hope I helped. :)
>>
File: 1441939180183.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1441939180183.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>>59494219
well no because
>*brings the mic closer*
every 10 years the cells in your body actually completely change.
I was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance this process into only taking 6 years because your pineal gland - Jamie. Jamie, could you get that article up? yeah but it's because your pineal glands can actually make your cells rejuvinate faster... here we go

look at that...
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? jesus those things will tear you to shreds
>>
>>59494283
It is pretty good, mind you I am legitimately prescribed it so not having it is comparable to not sleeping irregardless of how long I rest.
>>
File: 1483589924751.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1483589924751.png
129KB, 314x278px
Redpill me on Modafinil
>>
>>59494480
Its alright. Got a script for it a few years ago, and used the jewpon on their site for a free (or cheap, I forget) bottle. No euphoria, good clean energy all day. Got bored with it and never got another script.
>>
You all people need help
>>
>>59494283
Pretty good. I'm a big guy so I take 200mg. Most people are okay with 100mg or splitting the pill to 50mg. Effects are compounded with caffeine. Sometimes increases likelyhood of anxiety/panic attack. Good to combine with Theanine or Tea. Best taken in the early morning otherwise you'll be awake all night. Only do twice or once a week to avoid building a tolerance. Avoid pulling all-nighters unless absolutely necessary and never twice or more in a row. Don't forget to eat and hydrate.

Finally and most importantly, only take it when you have a plan of action. It provides focus but not motivation. If you've got bad habits, you can spend the entire day wasting time rather than getting any work done. Induces erectile dysfunction, don't fap while on it. Your dick will end up soft after 20 mins but you will have this compulsion to keep going and spend literally all day, I'm talking 12+ hours, searching for that "perfect video" while jerking your soft noodle.

So the same way you should have a good exercise routine going before even starting creatine, you should have a good study/work habit before starting modafinil, otherwise it will just enhance your procrastination.
>>
>>59494424
>irregardless
i think you mean disirregardless you fuck
>>
>>59493494
>tfw you find out ingesting BCAAs do nothing
>>
HEY GUYS
YOU SHOULD TRY CRYSTAL METH
>>
>>59491493
using nootropics is cheating
/thread
>>
I'd like to recommend trying piracetam again to anyone that's written it off. I feel like most people who think it's a placebo are only reacting to the fact that it doesn't make them feel any different than normal, when that's not the point of it at all. Give it a run for a few weeks, and pay particular attention to your social skills (and problem solving as well if you have a good objective baseline. I've found that because of the way all puzzles seem easy once you've solved them it's pointless to try to subjectively quantify), bonus points for getting feedback from other people as well.

I have problems with blanking words all the time, to the point where a lot of times I just kind of fall out of conversations when I realize I have no way to vocalize what I'm thinking in a contiguous manner. I kept a tally of how many times I blanked words in a normal month, and then how many times in a month taking 3500 mg piracetam with breakfast. My results were striking: more than once per day baseline, and the only time it happened during the month using piracetam was on a day I was rushed and forgot to take it. Other people also commented on the fact that I seemed friendlier and more engaging, though it didn't make me subjectively feel any more cheerful or chatty.

Obviously my situation isn't typical, but I doubt I'm a magical unicorn born with a piracetam deficiency. Even if you're not noticing a pronounced difference like you would with stimulants (caffeine or even more stimulating nootropics like phenylpiracetam or modafinil), that doesn't mean it isn't working.
>>
>>59492988
Do not fucking use phenibut. It's addictive and the withdrawals will wreck your shit. Just use weed if you're looking for a bit of chill.
>>
Some call kratom a nootroopic. I dont know about that, but it makes me feel a bit more positive and everything goes pretty well when I take it.
>>
>>59492826
Semax is nasal drops and not a spray.

Tianeptine works.

Modafinil also works.

Racetams are bullshit.

Amphetamine is king.
>>
>>59498768
How's adderall?
>>
>>59498794
speed feels goood.
>>
What would you people recommend me? I am literally braindead, no emotions, no joy, no motivation. On the brink of suicide. Lazy af. e.g. a 4chan poster.
>>
>>59499064
>inb4 clorox
>>
>>59492874
from what i can tell, it works well in potentiating caffeine, as well as having a stimulant effect when taken alone. it's a pretty effective drug for me, whether or not it works for everyone, i can't tell you, it's cheap though, and you can try it out fairly easily. otherwise i just buy caffeine pills and chop em in half and that does the job for me.
>>
asdasdasdasdas
>>
>>59499064

how would you describe "the better version of you" from the past?
>>
>>59491493
Nootropics are a waste of money. I have gone through a fuckload of stacks. Nothing comes even remotely close to the effectiveness of stimulants. Semax also made me start going bald.

Kratom is the only worthwhile 'nootropic' if the term is used really loosely.
>>
>>59499098
I felt more joy which also made me a bit motivated, all the other shit was always like that.
>>
>>59499142

where did that joy come from?
>>
Ive got some Bromantane coming in sometime soon. What am I in for?
>>
>>59499158
Hanging out with friends and gaymen.
>>
>>59499174
Go hangout with friends and gay men.
>>
>>59499188
Doesn't 'cut for me' anymore, nothing does.
>>
>>59499174

like it sounds super lame but you have two options. pay a therapist some money so he can help you light a little fire inside yourself to go out and do things that make you feel good, or you take the hard road and try to do that all on your own.
you're never a lost cause.
>>
>>59499241
I was seeing a couple of psychiatrists for 2 years, if anything it made it worse.
>>
>>59492967
>4f-mph
Isn't that pretty much super ritalin? Also, hell yeah, that good glycole mixture.
>>
>/g/
>a non-autismo topic
I thought nu-/g/ wasn't real
>>
>>59491493
It's just a meme. FOR NOW.
Don't try any of that shit because it's either some regular but overpriced vitamin or it's something that will affect your liver.
>>
I take around 100mg of pure mdma because it's the best anti depressant I've taken and really helps with social anxiety and just generally makes me happy. Try that shit.
>>
>>59499278

A psychiatrist ist very different to a therapist, and I'm totally with you when you say you didn't have a good experience there.
A psychotherapist works with you on yourself, on your own terms. They may refer you to a psychiatrist do give you supportive meds (if you want to), but more often than not, a psychotherapist works without the use of meds.
If you think it's worth a shot, read into "Logotherapy" and go from there. There's a bunch of different schools of psychotherapy, but Logotherapy came to my mind when you mentioned once being able to have fun, but not anymore.
Also, the school of therapy doesn't have the biggest impact on success - most of it comes down to you having a good relationship with your psychotherapist. It may take a few tries to find the right one, but there's probably 100s out there who could help you.

If you're just looking for some general advice:
see yourself as a system with 6 parts: Sleep/Pleasure/Body and Challenge/Relationships/Conflicts. Write these down and look for the parts of your life where you feel like everything is in good order (maybe "Conflict" because you are the one in the family to be able to sort out things etc.) but especially look for the parts where something is missing. Theory has it that if one part of the system gets fucked, it fucks over all other parts. Not being able to enjoy yourself anymore? Bam, suddenly you're not sleeping to well.
This at leasts helps you identify stuff that you can work on. Every little fight is an opportunity for a little win.
>>
>>59499405
Thank you.
>>
File: 1323870183177.png (5KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1323870183177.png
5KB, 493x402px
>>59499448

I didn't do much. Just remember that it's never too late, you wouldn't be here in this thread if there wasn't a part of you that is still ready to be an adventurer.
>>
I've used Nootropil for a couple of years and it fucked up my brain. I'm happy with jew pills now.
>>
File: 1480386643099.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480386643099.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>59499495
>>
>>59499405
complete bullshit

"Not being able to enjoy yourself anymore? Bam, suddenly you're not sleeping to well."

Maybe whatever metabolic disorder is causing your discomfort also causes poor sleep.

Psychology is the study of the obvious for retarded fanatics.
No difference to scientology or religion.

You could prove me wrong with some scientific evidence for your bullshit theory.
Save the effort, there is none.
>>
>>59499588

that is the cutest shit ever.
I'm still in training myself, but if you're ever looking for more material or book recommendations or whatever, mail me at [email protected] , it's the most obscure trash mail I have left so if you're just conning your way into my credit card, HAVE AT YOU
>>
I took piracetam and choline for a period of a few weeks and ended up fucking up my memory for the next couple of years. Think twice before messing with that shit. Think I'm full of shit? Look up "brain fog piracetam"

It screwed with my word recall and ability to visualize programming problems. Now I just take L-theanine and caffeine and eat healthy and workout almost every day. Unless you can get a script for adderall, don't bother with the racetams, it's not worth it.

Also have tried Modafinil and while that gave me good focus, it made my face extremely greasy and made irritable/a little crazy.
>>
This thread makes me wonder if a biohacking chan could work. A sort of overlap between /fit/ and /g/.

Dumb idea?
>>
>>59499703

Also I wasn't referring to Adderall as a -racetam, just that it's the only think that seemed to be an actual nootropic in my opinion
>>
All memeing aside all proclaimed nootropics don't do shit. The only ones that work land you in prison (ie AMP).
>>
>>59498794
it is great if you can get it perscription grade obviously.
>>
>>59493813
Caffeine has a specific legal exception under the law, go read it. It says that all psychoactive substances are banned, with the exception of a couple like caffeine.
>>
The best nootropics are simple and safe. Stuff like adderall will make you ill in the long run.

I use theanine, caffeine, creatine, ashwagandha and bacopa monnieri daily, and I've been using them for about five months. To be honest I'm not sure if I've noticed a difference, but I'm afraid to stop in case I lose my edge.

The best thing to do is get regular cardiovascular exercise, as it can stimulate neurogenesis, plus regular exercise makes you feel more energetic throughout the day anyway.
>>
>>59497821
Eh theyre cheap enough to use for placebo
>>
>>59499650

I guess I assumed that some of his issues have a psychological source. That's obviously not the only cause for feeling "depressed", thank you for making it clear that there's more than one explanation (no sarcasm).

don't have anything to say regarding your 2nd statement. it's so hyperbole that it seems pointless to argue with.

this particular model is the brainchild of an Austrian psychotherapist/forensic psychologist who was worked in the field for a bunch of decades (worked with Anna Freud and shit). he is still working on it, so there's no concise list of literature and references. I think it's a neat concept to show people who are actually dealing with psychological issues, as it's very easy to understand, and more often than not they know what it's all about from own experience.
generally speaking though: you are depressed. so you have trouble sleeping. so you have less motivation to go out and do shit. so you feel more depressed. so you have less motivation when showing up at to face the challenges/opportunities you are being given there. so you start feeling worthless. and it goes on and on.
This is not a schematic that shows how this works everytime, but I'm sure you see how it's a concept that comes from reality. But yeah, I don't have access to my academic whatchamacallit online library account to look for some references. You got me there. If you leave me some contact info though, I'll make sure to send you some when I'm home with some time on my hands.
>>
>>59499772
What about the ones that have scientific studies on their benefits? Sure hoopagloopa root or whatever probably is just placebo, but the three op mentioned in >>59492826 all have valid scientific studies, and are actually available as medications in many countries in the world.
Just not the USA because they are all out of copyright, so no market incentive to do clinical trials in the USA as someone could just undercut you with a generic the moment you prove efficacy.
>>
>>59498401
I hear weed makes you gay.

But for real for real, weed sucks little baby boners.
>>
L-Theanine + Caffeine does a good job

Noopept + Alpha GPC puts me in productive mood, though I have some mixed response to Noopept like sometimes it works, sometimes does not.

Ashwagandha does miracles to stress, but I found that it also exhausts me too much once it starts coming down.

Used Phenibut before, it's a funny little drug but I found that it builds up tolerance way too fast and it's way too distracting for work. Great for social events though. Also my last ordered batch got grabbed by the customs and I don't feel like wasting anymore money. Thanks, nanny.

Anyone tried ordering Kratom to UK?
>>
>>59494421
this was great
>>
>>59499650
u fucking nigger your circadian rhythm helps regulates your mood. of course you're gonna be fucked up if you don't have a proper schedule. I bet you 95% of people who don't wake up at the exact same hour daily have way higher moodswings/anxiety/depression than those who do.
>>
>>59499919
It sounds like you want weed, but you're too much of a hipster to smoke weed now that it's decriminalized everywhere that matters. The way I see it, you have two options: smoke weed and just make sure everyone knows it's the newest, hippest version, or grow the fuck up. Your call.
>>
>>59499848
>bacopa monnieri
at least it has some evidence behind it,
slightly improves free memory recall
>>
>>59499064
I used to be the same. Conversational therapy helped a lot on the mental side even if that was years ago and I don't even remember more than half the things we talked about. Motivational posts or quotes never really did anything back then because I couldn't relate to them and attempting to "just be happy, lol" was like trying to claim interest on an empty bank account.

2nd most important thing was regular exercise, as well as enough sleep and nutrition for the physical side. Some say sleep is more important than exercise but I find it easier to sleep having exercised. It helps to think of sleeping as "charging your battery" in preparation for the next day rather than "resting" to recover after the previous day. I also didn't bother with diets cause they obviously don't work.

Both physical and mental improvements feed into each other and you end up capable of doing more for each and it creates this feedback loop of sorts.

In fact, it was only after I started all these first improvements that I actually became motivated to improve myself further. I wasn't motivated to fix myself at all at the beginning but the therapy did give me some prodding until I became self sustaining after about 12 weeks of sessions.

Started finding joy in things like hiking and got a desire to get more fit so I can hike further. Started noticing changes in my body and decided I wanted to look good naked. I was always shameless with how much I ate and forcing myself to eat less only made me feel miserable and failing to eat less only made me guilty and more miserable etc. Instead of trying to muster the willpower to diet and eat less, I diversified my meals by just adding more veg and fruit and continuing to eat as much as I wanted and not feel bad about it. Eventually, the rice intake was down and I started noticing that I was having healthier poops.

contd.
>>
File: tumblr_ogncl3zWqF1vd5bt0o1_500.png (282KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogncl3zWqF1vd5bt0o1_500.png
282KB, 500x313px
>>59500131
Chan psychiatry. Nigga u dnt no me.
>>
I think some people here are vastly underestimating the affects of a good diet. I've been pretty /fit/ for a while now and had (what I thought was) a decent diet. Mostly low fat proteins and complex carbs. After analyzing what I was eating, I realized I got pretty much zero veggies each day. Easily solved this problem by buying some kale, which is basically a super food, and blending 2 cups of it with a banana, a spoon of peanut butter, and some coconut drink. I've been drinking it once a day for the past week and I swear to god my mental clarity is through the roof.

Plus it tastes fucking awesome
>>
Take a long, swift walk every day.
You don't have to run until you collapse.
Just raise the heart rate a little for 1 hour.
>>
>>59500156
contd.

Little by little, I started feeling proud of my body and that confidence made me more likely to try learning new things or talking to new people.

It's been 5 years since I've started. It's tough and I still have some off days or weekends or even months when I lose motivation and find myself in "square one" again and each time it's because I've allowed some part of my routine to deteriorate and missed workouts, let my gym membership lapse, lacked sleep, etc.

But so what if I'm back to my old ways? I kinda know how to "get back on the wagon" and so I will. That first time, I needed help from a therapist, but each subsequent time, I was able to do it myself and I was getting better at it. I also keep in mind that I can always go back to a therapist if I need it.

I guess the take away for all this is that starting is the hardest part, especially the first time. It's okay to get help with starting, any time. You don't have to start perfectly, you can start crudely and refine over a long period of time. It's always okay to fail and start again. Good luck, anon!

>>59499405
Thanks for this too
>>
>>59499721
Lainchan
>>
>>59492988
>>59498401

Phenibut is good if you use it responsibly. I personally make sure I do not use it more than once a week. Because I read that the tolerance builds with every dose and kicking off of it is a bitch. But I have never experience downers when I limit the use to just occasions. I actually recommend it if you use it to do something. As it works as a muscle relaxant and suppresses anxiety it can really improve your life if you use it strategically. Take it before a presentation or job interview, for example. Or when going out to a social event. Since it suppresses anxiety and it keeps you normally sharp and you just feel more positive and relaxed. I have had great experiences with Phenibut with a dose of around 2 grams. But dosage is different for every person. That is something that requires some experimentation. Just don't use it often.
>>
>>59491493
Just read Gwern. It's kind of amazing nobody's linked to his website yet.
https://www.gwern.net/Nootropics
>>
>>59499703
Abusing hard drugs could lead to problems? Who would have thought

Saying this as drug user.
>>
>>59500342
Low fat doesn't sound like a proper diet. Fats are more important than carbs.
>>
File: pablo-escobar-600-x-4001.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
pablo-escobar-600-x-4001.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
>>59491493
Stop Using Shitty Drugs
>>
I recommend boofing 120mg of dexamphetamine daily, with 10mg of IV clonazolam to help you sleep at night.
>>
I've tried most of the racetams. The only ones worth using are phenylpiracetam and fasoracetam.
>>
File: mildronate.jpg (136KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mildronate.jpg
136KB, 1500x1000px
>>59494308
>Only one worth trying, anything else is snake oil
Meldonium is very real, though more /fit/ than /g/. Just don't be stupid with it; overdosing will hurt you, especially if you're in poor physical shape.
>>
I use caffeine as my main drug. Keeps you going, does mess up with your heartbeat though and addictive in large quantities and will mess up the joy of sleep. You can learn a semesters worth of stuff in a week with it.

Stop ingesting caffeine afterwards, drink tea until you need your next boost.
>>
>>59501139
>Piracetam
>Hard drugs
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>59501571
>flooding your brain with noradrenaline
ishygddt
>>
I just bully nerds into working for me
>>
>>59498794
Dex is way better
>>
I've tried reading about this subject but everything is so technical. I dunno if the people involved in this jack each other off to the terminology or what?

Where the entry level FAQ?
>>
>>59501915
It's literally the same thing
>>
>>59502003
>75/25 dextro-/levo-amphetamine is the same as pure dextroamphetamine
No.
>>
>>59501988
>Where the entry level FAQ?
>>59501110
>>
>>59494329
Microdosing LSD is extremely effective as a nootropic and antidepressant. I recommend taking 15-20 micrograms no more than 3 times a week. Combining with marijuana produces a mild psychedelic effect that's not quite tripping but not like being stoned either. Combining with caffeine, especially large amounts without a tolerance, can cause strong stimulant effects somewhat similar to coke -- I wasn't expecting the strong synergy the first time I experimented with it and ended up compulsively running laps around the block and doing various exercises to complete exhaustion. It will also potentiate amphetamines, but there's not much point in combining the two in my opinion -- if you take what's normally a good dose of amphetamines for you it might become a little too much.
>>
>>59501988
Look up Dr Rhonda Patrick. She likes to talk about noots on The Powerful JRE
>>
>>59499399
A highly neurotoxic and addictive drug that rapidly loses effectiveness and causes noticeable deficits in serotonin concentrations for up to a month after a single dose is not a good anti-depressant. You'd be infinitely better off trying to use plain old amphetamine for that purpose, not that that's a good idea either (trust me).

>>59499848
There's absolutely nothing that's any good in the long run if you stay on it forever, including caffeine. It becomes worthless once you're heavily dependent on it. I've been at the point of snorting no doz while doing work and needing 600mg orally to actually feel stimulated.

Amphetamines are great as long as you don't develop a dependence to them. If you do, solve it immediately before it gets worse.
>>
>>59492941
>>59501065
>>59492988
>>59498401
>>59501065

Phenibut fag here, I've been using it everyday for 8 months. I started using it for work because i had a sales job and it helps with sociability. Now, if i go more than 12 hours without it, i get angry, anxious, and my heart starts beating out of my chest.

DON'T FUCKING TAKE PHENIBUT
>>
>>59502388
>gets addicted to a gabanergic drug
>surprised at awful physical withdrawals
Read closely and almost every poster you're responding to explicitly stated to use it responsibly.
>>
>>59492941
steer away from the phenibut bro, that shit is dangerous, only use it if you are extremely disciplined.
>>
>>59502388

taper off. this is exactly why i never bought a second order of phenibut. it's a good drug, but definitely habit-forming.
>>
>>59502455
I have been, I'm down to 0.9 grams a day, from about 1.5 grams a day two months ago
>>
>>59502449
>>59502388
Yeah i suck at controlling myself, but always good at coping with w/d. A benzo script would probski be better though. Ya know?
>>
File: myvghbTfw11t76qq2o1_500.gif (435KB, 475x344px) Image search: [Google]
myvghbTfw11t76qq2o1_500.gif
435KB, 475x344px
Ketamine and weed are all I need. Some LSD and yopo every once in a while too.
>>
>>59502483
Have you experienced a benzo withdrawal before?
>>
>>59502483
Gabanergic withdrawal can be deadly; this isn't a matter of coping. Anything under a doctor's supervision is going to be safer and produce better results, especially in those with a lack of self-control.
>>
>>59494544
Does it help with focus?
>>
>>59499212
You have an obvious chemical deficiency/imbalance. Check r/nootropics for some good advice. Be prepared to try a few different things before you get it right though
>>
*racetams work for some but modafinil works for all. stay away from amphetamines
>>
File: 1489947904940.jpg (387KB, 700x934px) Image search: [Google]
1489947904940.jpg
387KB, 700x934px
who /beststack/ here?

fish oil
multi vitamin
l-theanine
modifinil
caffeine in morning (coffee)
caffeine in afternoon (black tea)
>always eat breakfast, even if it's just a banana or some oatmeal.
>always drink some water.
>>
I don't like drinking coffee. How would someone take caffeine in another manner? And isn't caffeine kinda bad for you?
>>
What is the cool down time on modafinil? From what I've read, the stuff is pretty hard on the liver.
>>
>>59502750
caffeine I think has some cardiovascular benefit, coffee has about twice the caffeine as black tea..
You can buy caffeine tablets, but darjeeling is super comfy in my opinion.
>>
>>59492826
Would oxiracetam be better for something to take several times a week then, due to its weaker effect? Or does its tolerance also build quickly?
>>
>>59502670
i don't know anything about you but you seem like a faggot
>>
>>59502785
Adrafinil is hard on the liver, Modafinil is not. Which is why Adrafinil is legal OTC: it'll kill you if you enjoy it too much. That's the standard requirement for OTC medications.
>>
>>59502670
Skip the multivitamin, and take a B-complex
>>
>>59502498
Many times. Just came off the equivalent of 15mg of xanax/day a few months ago.
>>59502505
Yeah last w/d tapered too quick and had hallucinations. I guess i think Im good at it, but actually not. Dangerous.
>>59502506
Oh yes. I was a warehouse mgmt at the time, and kilt it.
>>
>>59503035
>Oh yes. I was a warehouse mgmt at the time, and kilt it.

My problem is starting projects and keeping my attention, rather than just energy. Do you think it'll help that?
>>
>>59503035
15mg of xanax a day holy fuck, I'm surprised you didn't seize to death
>>
This thread was -hilarious-. Thanks /g/

Also you're all on drugs and it's decimating your bodies. Don't feel too bad because your sickely country's social situations require/forces-reliance on such dangerous, quickfix management solutions to life-long problems and delusions.
You can fix all of your problems by fixing your diet, jogging or cycling as transport and interacting with your community through clubs and charity, maybe talking about your problems when your have the bodies to survive them, instead of drugging yourself from natural rejection of unnaturalness back into "focus mindset".
Your healthcare isn't free because your society is allowing you to pay to destroy yourselves and no one can bear the cost to keep your walking-corpses running. You only have one set of, malnourished, organs which are not understood by any one practicing doctor.
Save yourselves don't enslave yourselves. I just thought of that and felt like sharing it.
>>
>>59503087
>You can fix all of your problems by fixing your diet, jogging or cycling as transport
what if you're paralyzed from the waist down and have aids
>>
File: tumblr_ocpmdtS39b1u9hf7po1_500.gif (541KB, 480x355px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocpmdtS39b1u9hf7po1_500.gif
541KB, 480x355px
>>59503056
100%. Lazer like focus.

>>59503075
Yeah, tapered down with anti-seizures and babby benzos under doctor supervision. Was rough, and said Id never do benzos again, but thats a familair sentance. Benzos and herron are two things Id recommend the underagers here never fuck with.i
>>
>>59501140
That's supported by his story, what with the addition of peanut butter and coconut milk.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
3-meO-PCP
>>
>>59502949
Tolerance doesn't build as quickly for oxiracetam, no. But, think about whether taking something several times a week is actually wise. Nothing is free, and everything has upsides and downsides. This whole idea of having a "stack" in the noot community is pseudoscience, taking unknown stuff every single day can throw you off balance so easily.
>>
>>59503149
Shit man you've really protected me from scrutiny by making those who'd argue with me look silly by association with your comment.

But I mention quick fixes and sadly AIDS is the duration in which you're clearly running out of time. But you* could get your wheelchair around with your arms... if you have them. I'm sure that you* would be already advised on the importance of a good diet for your remaining days, though people with terminal conditions usually take body-altering drugs and over-eat to ensure nutrition, as a quality of life management stratergy.
>>
Rate my daily stack. Its not all strictly nootropics, but many of them are for energy so I consider them to be semi-nootropic in their effects.

Caffeine in the form of 3 cups of coffee
Theobromine in the 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder in my coffee
200mg of L-theanine to synergize with the caffeine and theobromine
2000mg (only 144mg actual magnesium) of magnesium L-threonate to increase cerebral magnesium for energy production
Lots of B-related vitamins for energy, general cognition, and mood (50mg B1, 50mg Co-enzyme B2, 10mg B3, 40mg B3a, 250mg B5, 50mg Co-enzyme B6, 500mcg Methyl-B12, 400mcg Methyl Folate, 300mcg Biotin, 60mg Inositol, 50mg Choline Bitartrate)
Omegas for general cognition (300mg EPA, 200mg DHA, 250mg GLA, 250mg Olec Acid, 300mg other phospholids, 100mg Astaxanthin)
Gingo Biloba for cognition and memory (120mg 50:1 extract, 150mg leaf, 125mg root)
1000mg Panax Ginseng root for general cognition
5mg Vinpocetine to increase blood flow and ATP synthesis in my cerebral cortex
700mg curcumin root extract + a spoonful of fresh ground pepper to increase general blood flow
50mg Ubiquinol for energy
2000IU vitamin D to complement the ubiquinol for more energy

I'm thinking of adding a racetam like noopept, since a friend let me try it once and it seemed very effective. I would need to do some actual cognitive testing with it to rule out placebo though.
>>
>>59503308
5/5 - hilarious.
>>
>>59503307
i was just being difficult, i kind of agree with you actually, at least regarding nootropics.
>>
>>59503346
was it really that autistic? Have I been spending to much time on longecity?
>>
>>59498054

Whoop de doo. So is using a pencil when everyone else is scratching things into a cave wall with a twig.

I, for one, don't give a fuck about "unfair advantages" when it comes to the advancements, discoveries, and accomplishments we make in our very finite lifetimes.
>>
>>59504025
Its life. Why should cheating even matter, use every dirty trick you've got.
>>
>>59504080

Basically. If drugs are the difference between succeeding or failing at something like curing cancer or ending world hunger -- or generally anything that gets a big statue of you permanently erected somewhere -- you owe it to yourself, and to the human race, to cheat your fucking ass off. Even if it ends up killing you.
>>
>>59503308
You sound exactly like kids who're making their first gaming PC build and wanna be confirmed whether their rig is "gonna do good". Which makes a lot of sense, here. I hope that illustrates to you that you're probably over-attending this stuff. Don't worry about it so much. You routine seems extremely tedious.
>>
>>59503486
You can understand my not-offering you a huge analysis. But y'know what...
That coffee is only useful to you approximately as you arrive to work, if you work around 8AM onwards (less useful is you drink it while at home, then travel, harmful if you drink it at night, useless in the long term in the evening)
Feel free to have a piece of dark chocolate some time during the day.
The next thing which I have to say is an answer to a lot of your supplement bullshit. You're pouring extracted nutrients into yourself is a naive distribution of form made by humans. We're not a mixing pot which just "figures it all out" when we throw the ingredient in. If you ate the right plants, a lot of plants, I'm talking a kg of salad and 500g of fruit each day, you'd have no need for sugary foods and no need for vitamin nor mineral supplements. The mechanics of plants is that all that "good stuff" is bound into the plant and gradually released as it travels through the gut and feeds the lower intestine bacteria. You'll experience massive stool sizes through successfully feeding the gut as those cultures grow and the individuals die in just a few days which in turn. Your gut bacteria then feeds you. The only thing which you might miss is B12 and maybe, barely, B6 however meat-eats have no such concern, those are a rare molecule which humans can't make from other proteins and carbs.
As for vitamin D, can you get real sunlight for 80 mins each day, preferably shirtless? Inconsistency isn't good... but you can overwork endocrine system and liver by flooding yourself with vitamins.
Curcumin, pepper, green tea, ginger and many more spices do provide very specific benefits such as better how your body deals with degenerative, chronic and inflammatory conditions through mechanics which are thus far unknown.
If you have energy problems, fill yourself with brown rice and other foods which release energy slowly. It can be hard to draw calories from 1.5kg of plants per day.
post too long
>>
>>59504142
>>59504185
Thank you for the advice. I will take these in consideration. I have a tendency to microoptimize when writing software, so its probably the same when it comes to my supplementation.
>>
>>59499064
Psilocybin.
>>
>>59504315
Are you suggesting microdosing or full on tripping?
>>
>>59504332
Mild tripping is good. I've never been really depressed, but it cured me of problems I never knew I had. It made me incredibly happy to be alive in this world, and cleared gunk out of my mind.
>>
>>59491493
I run Kusanagi from AnimalPharm

Use "UPGRADEPARADE" for 5% off
>>
File: 1367300638936.jpg (20KB, 447x313px) Image search: [Google]
1367300638936.jpg
20KB, 447x313px
>>59493380
>>
Modafinil is god tier.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.