[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are OLED computer monitors the best type of computer monitor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1489043500172.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489043500172.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
are OLED computer monitors the best type of computer monitor? if they don't exist then my question is are OLED TVs better than the best LED computer monitors?
>>
>>59490688
No.
No not for PC monitors

reason; burn in and latency
>>
>>59491294
painful
>>
>>59491294

https://www.gamerant.com/bioware-mass-effect-4-new-next-gen-game

Montreal was given the keys to the porsche and crashed the car in the ditch. The post mortum finger pointing will be interesting.
>>
File: oled.jpg (31KB, 649x366px) Image search: [Google]
oled.jpg
31KB, 649x366px
>>59490688
They're great for watching cardoons. I love the OLED!
>>
>>59491319
4u
>>
>>59491871
you mean he's a big guy
>>
>>59491898
shit this wasn't part of my plan
>>
>>59491287
idiot
>>
>>59491959
you really convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
>>59491287
Is the latency bad though? And the burn-in issue is constantly being improved. I don't know how good it is now, but I probably still wouldn't recommend it to a NEET staring at his display at least 10 hours a day.

>>59490688
OLED has very vibrant colours and great contrast, but the colours are actually inaccurate (compared to good LCD). And as >>59491287 mentioned, they do have burn in problem.

>want to search for some info on OLED colour accuracy
>all the hits look like adverts or click baits
>>
>>59492038
it may be inaccurate but we don't like them because of the vibrant colours. we like them because they're capable of displaying a high level of detail. the inaccurate colours are the trade-off
>>
>>59492038
>>59492058

>but the colours are actually inaccurate

It's not down to the technology, it's down to the manufacturer purposefully going for vibrant colours instead of proper calibration

Sony makes 4k OLED broadcast monitors. By definition, they absolutely have to be colour accurate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.