[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /g/ ever rented to own a computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: aarons.jpg (129KB, 1200x702px) Image search: [Google]
aarons.jpg
129KB, 1200x702px
Has /g/ ever rented to own a computer?
>>
isn't that what a "$0 down with contract" phone is?
>>
If body counts, yes.
>>
>>59488924
CRINGE AT THIS LEVEL OF POVERTY

IT ACTUALLY HURTS ME TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO RENT EVERYTHING, THESE PLACES FILL ME WITH A LEVEL OF DISGUST THAT RISES LIKE MARS AT PERIHELION

IN ONE WORD

BLIGHT
>>
>>59488924

I used to work at Aaron's once
>>
>>59488959
Just how many people "rent to own" an item at +200% its actual retail price?
>>
It is repulsive how much you an end up paying for a shitty consumer grade laptop at places like those. Plus you have zero privacy. They've been shown to literally spy on you with your webcam.
>>
>>59488924
>Botnet on the BIOS level
No thanks
>>
>>59488959
Story time Anon
>>
>>59488944
Poor people are poor for a reason, anon
>>
>>59488924
I've done rent to own on every iPhone since the first. Also on a new macbook every two years.
>>
you'd end up paying more
cpus take a long time to become obsolete
>>
>>59489259
you paid like 6000 fucking dollars in interest for fucking sailfoams

FIX YOUR FUCKING SHIT ANON HAVE YOU NEVER TAKEN HIGH SCHOOL MATH
>>
>>59488959
Post story.
>>
>>59490375
>>59489155

Not much to say. It was just a standard sales job. I guess the only unusual thing was that they do offer certain items they don't usually advertise, like sex toys and musical instruments. You just have to ask, and they'll take you to a separate section of the building with all the stuff.
>>
>>59488924
Just get an old pc at goodwill Jamal, it'll be just as good as a rental for facebook and twitter.
>>
>>59490429
>sex toys
anything interesting or just vanilla shit?
>>
>>59488924

>Friend started his own rent-to-own place in the ghetto a few towns over
>He is drowning in cash

Funny thing is he had a lot of legitimate/safe/proven business ideas that got turned down by investors, and this crappy rent-to-own business had investors jumping out of the woodwork for stake in the company.

He was telling me that even if 50% of customers never made a payment after leaving the store, he would still be making a profit.
>>
>>59488924
I bought an iphone once and I definitely felt like I was renting something. Last apple product and a lesson learned.
>>
My father used to work at a few places that would rent out computers to places that were doing things at conventions, and he would go and set them up at the convention centers. they rented the pc's because they would only need them for a few days.
>>
>>59488924
Rent/lease-to-own places are super sketchy. No way in hell.
>>
I can say that a guy I knew in like 1989 was renting-to-own a VCR and I think something else. The payment was like $35/week, which was a shitload of money when min. wage was $3.50/hr

I would love to know how many people make payments after the first month. I figure they're like those shitty car lots where they take payments for bad-credit risks, they try to get the whole amount they have invested in the car as the deposit so they don't lose even if they skip with it.
>>
This seems much less common over here in the UK. Can't say I've ever been to a place that does it.
>>
>>59488924
I did this. I am a different man now versus the time I did this, but it doesn't change the fact that I paid almost two grand for a cheap laptop.

In January 2010 I just moved to another state to try to change my life for the better. I succeeded, but I picked up a computer on the way. It was a 15 inch Dell Inspiron running Windows 7. 4 GB RAM, T4200 CPU, integrated graphics, 1366x768. I had to pay something like $190/month for more than a year, and when I was two days late on the last payment they actually tried to repossess the computer!

I actually still have the computer! I upgraded the CPU to a T9600, 8 GB DDR2, and an SSD. Running Ubuntu MATE right now.

I wouldn't do something like that ever again though. The only thing I would use Aaron's for is if I needed furniture and I was absolutely certain I was going to pay it off in less than 90 days to get the same as cash promotion. But Aarons and places like it prey on the poor by establishing the "you can take it home NOW aspect."
>>
>>59489259
>I've done rent to own on every iPhone since the first
why are you such a retard?
>>
>>59488924
i just go to the library with my usb stick
>>
>>59489259
This is good bait anon
>>
File: 1271195899957.png (81KB, 523x478px) Image search: [Google]
1271195899957.png
81KB, 523x478px
>rented to own a computer
i... do not understand. is this an American thing? i get the concept of internet cafes, but how in the fuck do you rent a computer?
>>
>>59492960
I imagine you just go into a store and make a deposit then take it home just like a car or tv or furniture, but I never knew you could rent computers that way.
I think we had a store like that just for electronics around here but they closed in like 2008.
>>
>>59492960
>is this an American thing?
Yes.
>>
Even if I were to buy something that I couldn't afford at the time of purchase, I still wouldn't rent to own. A credit card's cheaper in the long run, and usually gives you some kind of bonus too.
>>
>>59492960
Its a scam to get poor people to pay more for shit because they cant afford it now.
>>
File: IMG-20170313-WA0003.jpg (191KB, 1024x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170313-WA0003.jpg
191KB, 1024x814px
Dafaq is rent to own a computer?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-20_19-18-39.png (527KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-20_19-18-39.png
527KB, 1920x1080px
>the united states of America
>>
>>59488924
I use to work for a company that would do computers on lay-away... so you could basically "reserve" a good price around xmas, pay whatever you could at a time, and get it when it was paid off. (Yes, even a year later when it was obsolete, and they stopped doing it because the warehouse was full of a bunch of partially paid PCs that people forgot about or just stopped paying on).
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.