[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How shitty is an IT admin job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: original.jpg (77KB, 496x593px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
77KB, 496x593px
How shitty is an IT admin job?
>>
it can be the best or the worst job you will ever have
>>
Sysadmin jobs can be pretty relaxed.
There's bursts of high-stress, though, whenever shit breaks.

"IT" is just customer service and you'll spend your days fixing printers and issues with Outlook for people.
>>
You get to read everyone's emails and monitor everything they do on the internet. Finding some whore posting to /r/workgonewild/ will be the greatest thing you ever do.
>>
>>59487519
I have an IT admin job.
>shitty pay
>shitty insurance
However, it's easy as hell, and there's plenty of downtime to pursue personal interests. If you don't mind having an austere life, you can make it work for you.

But if you can get something with higher pay, go for it.
>>
>>59487519
>shitty
It's not if you're not fucking garbage. Just go for high reliability and you can fix shit whenever something breaks without needing to bust your ass.
>>
File: Tech Support 1.png (326KB, 3080x2788px) Image search: [Google]
Tech Support 1.png
326KB, 3080x2788px
>>59487781
pretty much
pic related, part 1
>>
File: Tech Support 2.png (1MB, 3000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Tech Support 2.png
1MB, 3000x2500px
>>59487944
part 2
>>
>>59487968
>>59487944
>things that definitely happened
>>
>>59487519
Depends on the company and the market.

If you work for an actual tech company, it can be pretty cool.

If you're slaving away at a non-tech company, you'll no doubt end up hating it. Fact is, non-tech companies don't want to pay shit for IT, they get shitty employees, and they get shitty service in return. The entire employee-employer relationship is poisoned because you're a computer janitor whose outputs are in no way related to the bottom line, and they won't care about you. In fact, I'd say that most non-tech businesses actively *hate* their IT dept.
>>
>>59487990
>Why do they hate their own IT departments?
>>
>>59487781
Sounds pretty comfy, just post on /g/ all day and pretend to give a shit about others problems.
>>
>>59488427
Who are you quoting?
Also it's because tech is expensive as fuck for the good stuff, and retards in IT in general don't have the brains for setting it up correctly, or setting up a cheaper alternative.
>>
>>59488427
The average business needs an IT department, but doesn't actually know what their IT department spends all day doing, or what they're purchasing.

Accountants don't know what a $30k firewall is, or why the IT department said it was necessary, and just see a dead asset added clogging up the books
>>
>>59487982
>no fun allowed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.