[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need new laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: asus-zenbook-pro-ux501v-nw-g01.jpg (112KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
asus-zenbook-pro-ux501v-nw-g01.jpg
112KB, 775x500px
I work for a small theater company and need a new laptop for video/audio recording/editing on the go. Been using a chinkpad t420 and its just not getting it done. Was looking at an asus zenbook maybe. I don't wanna go macbook I've already got software I'm used to using and don't wanna switch. Any suggestions? Got about $1500 to work with.
>>
File: 1489764614230.jpg (1MB, 3537x3335px) Image search: [Google]
1489764614230.jpg
1MB, 3537x3335px
I'm in a somewhat similar situation, except I'm looking for a laptop with an nvidia GPU to run cuda without having to ssh into a remote computer.

So far, the only thing that came close to something relevant are gaymer laptops. They're the only ones left on the market that feature a non undervoltage CPU (the kind of ones with a 2 cores i7) and a decent GPU.

Of course, there's also workstations like the thinkpads P series that feature NVIDIA quadro iirc but these things are damn overly expensive.

I'm OK with the shitty 5 years old thinkpad bought from ebay for shitposting but I'm not found of spending almost the double of the price on a thinkpad rather than a "no name" laptop for approximately the same components (the laptop I'm eyeballing features a Core i7-6700 (or a 6400 for cheaper) and nvidia GTX1070).

The main difference if I go with this one is that I'd have to accept the "l33t hardcore gaymer" aesthetic with ventilation that looks like a lamborghini.
But this is better than being fucked in the wallet for "I'm such a serious business man that does real business done with my business laptop".
>>
>>59487906
I was also looking at the asus rog which aside from being out of stock most places looks like a gamers wet dream. The p series are also fucking tanks. Not exactly the most portable and are way pricier than most other comparable laptops with similar specs.
>>
Dell Inspiron 15 7567
>>
>>59488166
Depends on where you live but there might be other brands than asus for gamer stuff.
There's a company that assembles computer for corporations that also proposes laptops with GPU for cheapish. They only ship domestically though.
>>
>>59487518
I would definitely suggest the UX501. It's a real giant slayer. I know this because i'm posting from one right now.
>>
>>59488602
>Inspiron 15 7567
Or ASUS ZX53VW
>>
>>59487518
suggest not being ghetto poor i would
>>
>>59487906
Clevo laptops are usually much more understated. I managed to get a completely unbranded one with a 970M.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.