[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Win7 Installation / USB Drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_odttkfZOt41ttwfmao1_500.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odttkfZOt41ttwfmao1_500.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
sup /g/'s, I'm not a Drivers regular poster here so I'm trying not to make this sound like a tech support thread, but I just need some insight. Say someone is trying to install Windows 7 to a partition from a USB boot drive. What on earth would cause it to not recognize any of the drivers, even when re-installing every single USB driver on the setup screen? I've installed plenty of OS's from USB drives before without a hitch, but this is just boggling my mind so much, I can't even. And yes, I tried the "switch USB ports" thing.
>>
>>59484127
You bought Ryzen, didn't you?
>>
>>59484149
goodness, no
>>
It's Windows. It just doesn't work out of the box.
Download drivers on your phone and transfer it to your PC via USB cable (that should work out of box).
Or, even better, install gentoo.
>>
>>59484127
call geeksquad
>>
Here is the formal /wsr/ thread for more context
>>>/wsr/282929

>>59484172
What drivers exactly would I not have? The only thing I can think of is that everything on this machine from W10 is too new for the W7 install setup to recognize. Scratch that, the kind fellow in /wsr/ basically said something along those lines.
>install gentoo
hearty chuckle
>>
>>59484409
You have pirated ISO I presume, right?
If you haven't, download ISO from TPB user called "Computer-User" as he makes clean ISOs.
Then burn it on USB using either UNetBootIn (I think it doesn't support it natively, but there's a trick online. USB must be formatted as NTFS) or Win2USB.
I remember having this issue and burning it with UNetBootIn solved it for whatever the reason.
>>
>>59484590
>download ISO from TPB user called "Computer-User" as he makes clean ISOs
yessir, that's the one I used. I also used one directly uploaded from a friend who did it.

>Then burn it on USB using either UNetBootIn (I think it doesn't support it natively, but there's a trick online. USB must be formatted as NTFS) or Win2USB.
I may try that, but I want you to read what /wsr/ dude said.

>"Windows 7 doesn't support XHCI, so you can't install it on a computer that only has XHCI USB ports, because after the BIOS hands the USB device over to Windows Installer, Windows Installer can't drive it."

This seems to be the main source of the problem, I think.

Just for curiosity's sake, do you happen to know what the difference between using UNetBootIn and Rufus would be?
>>
>>59484914
Not him
I'd assume their identical but rufus would be a lot faster transfer.

I had this issue on several systems.
One system with an MSI motherboard came with some software that can add the drivers to the windows 7 installation media for you, instead of doing it with nlite or whatever.

https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/TechFAQdetail.aspx?formid=3350

It can add the drivers directly to the flash drive you created with Rufus.
>>
>>59484914
>>59485413
Also worth nothing if your system has usb 2.0 slots on the back for mouse/keyboard use those slots.
>>
>>59485413
thank you, I'll give this a shot
>>59485448
I just went over that in /wsr/, I do have 4 USB 2.0 ports but they are all XHCI, so that doesn't help matters.
>>
oh shit I'm so close
>>
File: IMG_0587.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0587.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>59485413
That tool worked like a charm. It recognized the device drivers and started the Windows 7 installation perfectly from the boot drive. I set it to install on my HDD partition, it began installation, then did its first automatic restart, when it booted up again and I chose Windows 7, pic related happened. This hiccup here is the same thing that happened when I tried installing straight from the iso. If I could figure out why this is happening, I'm sure there will be no more things to go wrong and cockblock me. I'm so close, goddammit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.