[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: confusion.jpg (159KB, 537x341px)
confusion.jpg
159KB, 537x341px
Any interesting normie stories? I had this happen to me last weekend.

>Mother wants me to "reset" an old computer to clean it up.
>Backup all the files (stuff in User folder) and reformat.
>Use Ninite to install most applications.
>She is mad that Microsoft Office isn't on the computer anymore.
>Ask her for the disc so I can reinstall it.
>"It was already on the computer so I gave the disc to Goodwill"
>It was a $300 version of Office with 3 PC licenses and she gave it away because she never thought she would ever have to reinstall
>She is also mad that the desktop icons "aren't like before".
>"I didn't think resetting it would get rid of everything".
>Ask her, "What did you mean by reset then, and what did you expect to happen?"
>"I don't know."
>Mother is angry at me for "breaking the computer"

Don't ever do what normies ask you to do. Often times I can't even delete malware because they'll complain about the browser looking different or whatever Bonzi Buddy type program that they enjoy is no longer on there. They ask for things without understanding what they are asking for. What they really want is for their computer to be faster, but for absolutely nothing to change. They don't understand that you can't make it faster without getting rid of crap.
>>
>>59479631
Tell her you're not her personal tech support and she should be paying you.
>>
>>59479631
my mom used to tell me to fix her comp and I always said no because her brain doesn't work and she has no logic
after 20 years of this she finally started to agree and I put linux + kde on her computer and libreoffice and she likes it a lot because my step dad's work comp got cryptolock and fucked his laptop & computer over the network and nothing she runs or I run was harmed
>>
someone asked me if I knew how to 'backup a computer'. i really didn't know how to answer. backup the files? doesn't anyone know how to copy files? what do people think happens in a computer.
>>
File: 1488923865443.jpg (26KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488923865443.jpg
26KB, 367x411px
>>59479631

>Ask her, "What did you mean by reset then, and what did you expect to happen?"

This right here clearly shows that you are actually the fuck up
>>
>>59479665
They probably want a mirror image of the whole hard disk. They don't know that it's what they want, but in 99% of cases, it is. Because if you can't restore the computer to exactly the way it was before, you'll be blamed and accused of breaking things. Normies don't know how to do mirror images though.
>>
File: 1289891071758.png (209KB, 394x362px) Image search: [Google]
1289891071758.png
209KB, 394x362px
>>59479631
Normies? More like retards!
>>
>>59479705
>make an image of the whole hard disk
>wipe the hard disk clean
>restore the image back onto it
What does this achieve?
>>
>>59479756
It's a backup. You'd use it in case the hard drive died or they got a virus or fucked up their computer in myriad other ways.
>>
Always explain what it means to do a reset/wipe. Always explain what you will do and that whatever it is they had installed previously will be gone when you're done with the computer. Specify office and even email if they use outlook with pop3 since the defaults with outlook deletes old emails from the server when they're older than a week. Explain that they'll lose their contacts list.

Don't just wipe their drives without making it very clear to them what it means to do so. It's mostly just the people that are looking to give away or sell the computer that are ok with a complete reset.

Usually people want their old pop3 emails and office. Sometimes people fiddle with genealogy software too.

Backup their user folder before you start, or even better, clone the entire drive. But when you're doing it for 50-100 bucks, you probably don't have time for that.
>>
If she doesn't know basic stuff like keeping the disc you could install an office copy and just tell her that is the new version.
>>
>coteacher wants to put a youtube video on for the kids
>opens chrome
>types yahoo into search bar
>clicks hk.yahoo.com link
>types youtube into search bar
>clicks youtube link
>searches for the video in youtube
>meanwhile my autism alarms are going off at full volume in my head
>nails dug 2 inches deep into my palms
>smile as my eyes roll into the back of my head

normies outside of the first world are even worse let me tell you
>>
>>59479840
>normies outside of the first world are even worse let me tell you

>Spill water on laptop
>Take their now dead laptop to the store
>Warranty service, yes?

Once had one with spiders crawling out of it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.