[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop using Quick-Charge on your phones, boys and girls. Notice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Stop using Quick-Charge on your phones, boys and girls.

Notice the increased battery degradation by using a charging rate higher than 0.8C, which quick charging does (it varies between 1C and 3C). 300 cycles is about 1 year of usage.

So yes, your phone charges faster, but the battery is not happy about it.
>>
>>59476406
By the time the battery degrades to unusable levels you should be getting a new phone anyway.
>>
>>59476409
I wonder, who might be behind this post.
>>
How do I turn off quickcharge?
>>
I was charging my old phone with usb 2.0 port (it take me 8 hours to charge it) and after 4 years of usage battery is still okay.
I am doing that to my new phone too.
>>
>>59476437
Use a charger that doesn't support it or turn it off in your phone's settings. Android has an option in the battery menu.

Also, there afe custom kernels that allow you to set a max charging capacity of less than 100% which is also something that will make your battery last longer.
>>
>>59476406
People don't give a fuck. I see my college classmates getting new phone every 2 years for no reason other than "it's newer bro!".
>>
You do see that that is also discharging the phone at a high rate too, right?

This graph says nothing about quick charging phones.
>>
>>59477034
http://papers.sae.org/2016-01-1194/
The effect of charge rate was determined using constant-current (CC) and the USABC Fast-Charge (FC) tests on commercial lithium-ion cells. Charging at high rates caused performance decline in the cells.[...]

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378775306004162
[...]Fast charging resulted in an accelerated capacity fading due to the loss of Li+ ions and the related growth of a surface layer, which was associated with metallic lithium plating onto the anode and a high polarization at the electrolyte–electrode interface. Analyses of the cell electrochemistry showed that use of a reduced current to charge the initial 10% capacity and near the end of charge, respectively, was favorable for long cycle life.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378775313004357
[...]
An extended cycle life test was also carried out to study degradation effects. The results reveal that, even after a total of 4500 cycles only capacity fade was observed. A Ragone plot and measurements on the internal resistance show that the fast charging protocol and testing scheme barely affected the cell power capability. Moreover, the fast-charging technique did not overheat the cell because the charging was divided into three different stages. As a result, the cell was better maintained.[...]
>>
>>59477381
#rekt
>>
File: 1446527784293.png (311KB, 628x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446527784293.png
311KB, 628x700px
>>59476427
Who?
>>
Didn't everyone already know that Quick Charge degrades batteries?

This isn't much of problem for manufacturers, and people tend to cycle through their phones every couple of years anyway.
>no more user replaceable batteries
>>
>read thread
>read links
>check google how to disable fast charge on my phone
>there are no results how to disable it (maybe it doesn't even support fast charging) but there is a youtube video about how to enable it (wat)
>Uploaded by: Yashasva Soni
>>
>>59476437
get a 1amp charger
it'll barely charge it but that's what I've always used because OP's pic should be obvious to anyone who isn't fucking retarded. my batteries last years & years, my current phone is about 4 years old

it probably won't charge if you're using it while it's plugged in. but it'll last all day so just charge while sleeping
>>
>>59476406
that's not what your image shows
your image shows if you charge a battery up faster and drain it faster it lives less cycles, what about lifespan with a 3C charge and 1C discharge. Just because you're quick charging your phone doesn't mean you're draining it so quickly as well.
>>
>>59476406
you do realize modern phones with quickcharge sans the most chinktier ones have batteries built to withstand quick charging properly right?
>>
>>59479106
And what are these magic batteries made of? Quick Charging heats the battery up more because of the higher power it uses. Thus, it promotes side reactions that degrade the internal chemistry of the battery. Thats's a fact and it's unavoidable because of motherfucking physics.
>>
>>59476406
I only use QC if I'm about to go out and the battery is uncomfortably low. Only happens maybe two times a month so I'm not worried about killing my battery, but I'll order a replacement soon just in case.
>>
>>59479381
higher quality cells, quality control, better compositions

even chink brands have been figuring this shit out https://www.engadget.com/2015/11/15/huawei-graphite-fast-charging-battery/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.