[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xperia Play Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 110328122vx.jpg (53KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
110328122vx.jpg
53KB, 600x399px
How many of you anons own one of these?

I bought one brand new to use as a portable emulator machine for $40. How'd I do?
>>
i own one and used it as a phone when it came out. im thinking of selling it
>>
I owned it. It was horrible, but I enjoyed playing crash on it from time to time.
>>
>>59472342
Use it as a portable emulator man. Physical controls are great.
>>
>>59472330
See:
https://youtu.be/dUeRoJgFVg8
>>
>>59472351
Why was it horrible? I mean storage, CPU, and RAM were pretty weak.
>>
>>59472374
No joke I finished watching this a few minutes ago.
>>
>>59472330
>How'd I do?
you should have just flushed the money down the toilet and saved yourself some disappointments.
>>
Can it play Corpse Party? If not, why get it over a PSP that you can also mod to play megadrive games but can also play Corpse Party?
>>
>>59472397
>saved yourself some disappointments
How so? It can do everything I want from it without issue.

>>59472402
It can emulate any retro console really.
>>
Bought it new as my daily.

>Nice slide feel
>Great physical buttons
>Alright display.
>Nice design
>Stock Android (Gingerbread at the time)
>Cheap plastic hand feel
>Supper shitty buttons
>Slow as fuck processor
>Meh battery life

For emulators it was pretty dope, and it was the best PS1 game machine out there (if you used the tool on XDA that let you use the built in emulator). Still, it was pretty shit as an actual phone and wasn't rootable so I returned it after 29 days and bought a Nexus. If you can find one cheap go for it, I doubt the PS1 emulation has gotten worse, but there is better devices for emulation for cheaper.
>>
>>59472727
I bought one brand new for $40, not so bad eh? I doubt there is anything better with physical controls for cheaper.

It can even handle N64 emulation decently. Really all I need from it is GBA/GBC, and NES/SNES.
>>
>>59472330
I bought one a while ago, what a mistake. Should've just gotten a PSP Go. Now it just sits in a drawer while I use my Vita for everything I bought the Play for and more
>>
>>59473019
What was wrong with the Play? In my situation a PSP Go or Vita would be much more expensive then a Play. I ordered mines brand new in the box for $40.
>>
>>59473039
A PSP Go would've only been twice as much as the Play and I'd already had a Vita, it just wasn't hacked at the time. The Play has absolute shit tier battery life and it takes 10 forever to boot so keeping it off when I didn't want to use it was just a bad choice. The battery life was so horrid I actually thought I had a bad battery. Bought another and it turned out it just sucks that much.
>>
>>59473063
Should I cancel? Bit worried. Also PSP Go emulation is pretty shit, it's older then the Play. I have actually heard that the battery on the Play wasn't so bad.
Watch >>59472374
>>
>>59473085
Age doesn't mean shit. Sure the Play has newer hardware but it runs Android compared to the PSP which runs an OS dedicated to gaming and has a huge scene around just that
>>
>>59473119
I guess. But from what I have seen and heard the PSP Go emulation isn't very good. Hell I had a regular PSP and it sucked when playing SNES.
>>
>>59473138
I never had issues playing SNES unless it was a mode 7 game, which was still playable. Hell I think out of everything I did on the PSP the one thing I did most was N64 emulation. How would the PSP Go be worse than a normal PSP? Isn't it essentially just a PSP with a slightly smaller screen and no UMD drive?
>>
>>59473157
>How would the PSP Go be worse than a normal PSP?
Never said that mate, but I mentioned how emulation on the regular PSP was a mediocre experience.

>Isn't it essentially just a PSP with a slightly smaller screen and no UMD drive?
Yea and the Go also has 16GB of built in storage.

Vita is cool but the Play and Go have great form factors. I might actually pick up a Go sometime in the future, just to have it.
Honestly though I wish the chinks would come out with a device that has that form factor, but with good specs.
>>
>>59472330
better buy a 2/3DS.
>>
>>59473259
I have an old 3DS laying around. Honestly the 2DS is very cheap, I could have gotten one. What really sold me on the Play was the size.

>better buy
Why though?
>>
>>59472330
How much more powerful than a psp is it really?
Can it emulate psp and ps1? What about N64? Smoothly?
>>
>>59473644
There's no way it can emulate PSP, it should be able to handle N64 and PS1 (playable but not great)
>>
>>59473644
>How much more powerful than a psp is it really?
PSP
https://www.lifewire.com/sony-psp-playstation-portable-specifications-2717740
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_play-3608.php

>Can it emulate psp and ps1?
It can handle PS1 and N64 pretty good, PSP would probably be unplayable.
>>
>>59473675
>>59473644
Ignore the PSP that I put above the link.
>>
>>59473660
Eh, looks like I'll stick to my psp then.

>perfect psp emulation (for reasons unknown to me)
>good n64 emulation for most the popular games
>perfect ps1 emulation
>super comfy hold/grip
>>
>>59472330
Bought one for $20 when I was in middle school, such a good phone.
>>
>>59472330
Enjoy your 10fps on PPSSPP
>>
>>59473686
Which PSP model do you have?
>>
>>59473686
>>good n64 emulation
I have been outside the scene for too long.
When did n64 emulaton become decent?
>>
>>59475076
Never
>>
>>59474022
are you 14 lol
>>
>>59475076
It's great for games like Super Mario, but ocarina of time just kills it.
>>
>>59474042
Who says that I want to emulate PSP?
>>
>>59474022
That is cheap.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.