[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the cubicle farm IT departments of the 80s and 90s good or bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1488650124291.jpg (402KB, 849x393px) Image search: [Google]
1488650124291.jpg
402KB, 849x393px
Were the cubicle farm IT departments of the 80s and 90s good or bad?
>>
Bad but way better than open floor sweatshop bullshit.
>>
>>59470830
Very good. Peoople hate it because they are extroverts. True introverts love cubicles.`
>>
>>59470874
This Study after study has been done to show that open office layouts produce employees that get sick more often, that participate less in collaborative efforts, that are more stressed and that work less efficiently.

There 0 benefits to an open office layout.
>>
who tf invented this shit
>>
>>59470830
Cool thing about a cubical was that you got your own home away from home. You could let your autism go wild with little knickknacks and what have you.
>>
>>59470962
>There 0 benefits to an open office layout.
it looks nice on the promotional photos and marketing assets.

"look at how diverse and modern our office is pls choose our services"
>>
After 1 year in a cubicle and 1 year in open floor I can say that cubicle is better in every possible way.
Both still shit compared to personal room, no regrets switching from code monkey to "the office it guy"
>>
>>59470962
>There 0 benefits to an open office layout.
Compared to the OP picture, you'd need 2 or 3 times less space per employee in open office arrangement than you need there. That's one. You have more direct oversight of employee activity (or passivity). That's two.
>>
>>59470985
>Cool thing about a cubical was that you got your own home away from home. You could let your autism go wild with little knickknacks and what have you.
This
>>
>>59470830
open only works when it's a small team together in a closed room.
>>
I wish we had the cubocles from new game the anime, dem shts look nice n comfy, just mind ur owm business n throw dank memes with ur other 3 coders
>>
File: pajja.jpg (111KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
pajja.jpg
111KB, 1160x629px
>>59471237
>You could let your autism go wild with little knickknacks and what have yo

Being surrounded by manchildren who decorate their cubes with video game posters and comic book toys is insufferable.
>>
>>59471004
Nowhere I have worked has ever featured photographs of its actual offices on its website. If you need a picture, use a stock photo of some ethnically diverse people and qt3.14 ladies rather than the fat exclusively-white-male autists with Avengers figurines on their desks.
>>
Marissa Meyer started that way
>>
I didn't do so good after cubicles, too much drowning ppl out unsuccessfully to deal with customer since they considered...
>>
>>59471102
3) Open offices are cheaper(The real ones not le unicorn startup ones).
>>
>>59470983
Some dude in Belgium. He also invented the stop sign or some retarded shit like that.
>>
Sigh, hate to break it to you but the "cubical farm" fad is still alive and well. I know from first hand knowledge. I work for a state government and it seems that's all the rage since 2004 at least (I started in 05). Even the higher up manager types aren't immune. They get a bit fancier but still a cubical.
>>
>>59472565
is it a real state government or one of those states in the south that hardly has any taxes so all the roads/schools/government offices look like ass from the 70s
>>
>>59470830
They beat the pants off the open plan disaster.
>>
>>59470985
Good answer here, I would agree
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.