[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the 8gb of ram meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1488983105509.png (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488983105509.png
83KB, 1000x1000px
so heres my experience with 8gb of ram in 2017
>any modern game like bf1 stutters constantly
>any ram intensive prosses causes my monitor to shut off while the system alocates memory
>half of my memory is taken up in idle and 4chan shitposting
>sony vegas crashing/not working properly
>when ive finally had enough i had to pay $100 for a fucking 2400mhz ddr3 kit because on still on my i7 4790k

fuck all you faggots still shilling for 8gb in 2017, its clearly not enough
>>
>listening to poorfags on /g/
>>
>telling lies on the internet
>>
>>59470670
How is it a lie, 8gb shill poorfag
>>
>>59470684
Because monitors don't "shut off while the system alocates memory"
Because simply googling how much ram BF1 takes shows this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pktQhIcaLJ0&feature=youtu.be&t=137 where they had no problem running it with 4GB of ram.
Because ram is just a roof, and unless you are hitting that roof, 8GB is no different than 64GB of the same type of ram.
>>
>tfw fell for the 16GiB of RAM meme
I literally never use more than 7GiB. Right now it's at 2GiB. What a waste of money.
>>
8gb never any problems.
>>
>falling for the modern games meme
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>59470618
>any modern game like bf1 stutters constantly
>gaming
>>
so heres my experience with 8gb of ram in 2017
>never encounter issues with having too little
>>
>>59470808
at least you didn't spend $150 on blinking lights: >>59426309
>>
>>59470777
did for me, got 16gb of ram and it fixed the issue
>>
>>59470838
>autism
>>
>>59471684
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
It's like saying I added gas to my car and suddenly my windshield wipers started working.
>>
>>59471747
that sounds like autistic giberish
>>
>>59470618
I've only ever ONCE ran out of RAM due to an intensive process (excluding times I accidentally fork-bombed myself).
I was compiling clang or some shit (in parallel; 8 jobs), and apparently that was enough to go over 8GB. I reduced the number of parallel jobs, and it worked fine.
Although only 1.5-2GB usage is more common.

Not everyone is some autistic gaymer who uses bloated, memory hungry software.

>>59471780
>Doesn't even know his logical fallacies
Get out of here.
>>
>>59470618
192Gb on server, 24Gb on desktop mostly for VMs. 4Gb on laptop. It's enough if you are not retard, I can do most of my shit on my laptop and if I need raw power I can just ssh or rdp to my jet engine.
>>
>>59471780
It's Latin. Just because X happened before Y, doesn't mean X caused Y. Monitors don't shut off when you begin to hit your pagefile, or fill a large space of ram quickly. That's indicative of a failure of the monitor, the graphics card, the graphics driver, or anything in between. Not because you had not enough ram
>>
>>59471811
gaymen is the least of OP's issues if you read the fucking post
>>
>>59471699
Yes, I've got autism, says the one that's got such a trash system and applications that he constantly maxes out 8 gigs from a bloated web browser and video games.

Grow the fuck up.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.