[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your IDE/general comfy development setups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: whatever.png (255KB, 1692x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
255KB, 1692x1000px
How's that side project coming along /g/?

Just wrapping up my fourth ios/android React Native project today.

/**
* On topic thread details
*/
IDE: Visual Studio Code
Theme: Oceanic Next
Font: Operator Mono (no broke bois in this thread please)
plugins: Babel es6/es7, Oceanic Next Italics, Prettier - JavaScript formatter

Switched over from Sublime Text 3 with the same theme/font last week and haven't looked back. The terminal integration in this is top notch.
>>
VS code is real fckng shit.
Only Vim
>>
>>59466656
>spending 200 dollars on a font.
>>
>>59467045
My employer paid for it ;--)
>>
>>59467032
No memes please
>>
I like Netbeans!
>>
>>59466656
what do you like about visual studio code compared to sublime?
>>
>>59467433
Better sidebar. Terminal integration.

Having only a couple/few programs open at a time is big for me. I hate running twenty programs at a time. That's the only real edge it has over Sublime in my eyes. Enabling extensions is easier, too, but not a real big deal there.
>>
>>59466656

Such a disgusting font.
>>
I'm stuck using kdeveloper on a project.
Kill me
this shit is so memory hungry and even after I close it the process keeps running so I have to SIGKILL it
>>
>>59466656
I'm writing an IDE
>>
>>59468823
To each his own. I love the cursive on the attributes.
>>
>>59466656
I tried using Operator Mono but never could fully get it like I wanted. It also looked like ass in IntelliJ somehow.

Consolas for life.
>>
>>59466656
>Operator Mono

gib font
>>
>>59468845
Why are you stuck? Does it have some build process integration that you can't run through terminal? Some extensions like code formatting that your employer requires?
>>
Geany. That's all anyone who uses GUI applications should ever need.
>>
>>59468897
My co-worker uses it for an older project i'm now working on and it does have a build process integration, but I don't know if I could run from terminal. That would be good
>>
>>59468933
I see no reason why you wouldn't.

>>59468895
>>59466656
gib font nao
>>
>>59466656
How have you been finding react native?
>>
>>59468858
What sort of features should an IDE have?
>>
>>59468990
I love React Native. Fourth project I've used it on. It took me a couple project to get a good navigation + redux flow but I've really nailed it down for this latest project. Also, with React Native +0.40.0 integrating Java and Objective-C code is cake and much easier than previous iterations of React Native. Much better than a Xamarin experience and very performant.

I do most of the code on iOS first then fix things up on Android. This time around there wasn't any "Android fixes" I had to take care of.

Still using the old react-native cli, you always have to build NPM scripts on top of it to handle the messy stuff. After you have the experience of navigating through a React Native proj it's slick as hell.
>>
>>59469084
I'm really interested in getting started in it, how much JS/React/etc experience did you have?

It sounds decent desu senpai but with a steep learning curve
>>
>>59469112
I've been doing React development for two years now.

If you're familiar with modern modular/component based application development I imagine you already have the core concepts behind how React works. Anyone coming from an Ember/Angular/Vue world wouldn't have a very rough transition.

A number of people on the React core team and others in the community (Ben Lesh, Ken Wheeler, Dan Abramov, and others) have put out a good amount of learning material for the React ecosystem.

A new version of the React docs has been release recently and they should be very beginner friendly. The React Native stuff is a little different, the native development knowledge comes in handing with a lot of things like `How to sign an APK`, `How to change the startup background color with objective-c` and things of that nature.
>>
>>59469248
Ahh I see, quite a bit of experience then

I have little to no experience of js but seems like the way everything is going ~ I'll give it a look cheers senpai
>>
>Windows 95
>edit on cmd
>>
>>59468895
>>59468980

Here you go!
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/13538902/Operator_Mono
>>
>>59466656
VISUAL STUDIO CODE IS NOT AN IDE YOU FUCK
>>
>>59470763
Text-editor* I realized my mistake after I posted it. :-) Thanks for your kind words, Anon.

>>59469935
>Not making your employer shell out useless money
It's like you guys support capitalism or something.
>>
visual studio cuck is for cucks

vim is for men who have sex with women
>>
>>59467151
>visual studio cuck
>employed

Not likely. If so, I can almost guarantee you're a code monkey.
>>
>>59470964

I mean, if you have an employer who is willing to drop a couple hundred dollars on a font that doesn't necessarily improve your productivity, that's fine. But for those who just want the font...
>>
>>59468900
I agree, minimal dependencies with gtk2
>>
>>59469935
thanks mate
>>
>>59470964
but im a neet, nobody is going to pay for it
>>
>>59468900
My nigger.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.