[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/u3g/ - Unity3D General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: ogimg.jpg (17KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ogimg.jpg
17KB, 1200x630px
What are you working on?
>>
I'm working on a wicked sick medieval mmo!
>>
>>59458984
>>>/avgd/
>>
I'm in the planning phase for a 4d funge IDE/visualizer in VR. Mostly working on an interpreter right now.
>>
>>59458984
Working on a 2D
>tug of war
RTS game.
>>
>>59458984
Stop dumping all your unity shit on Steam you fucking retards. Thank fuck greenlight is gone.
>>
>>59459919
It's /agdg/ actually. And no shit it's probably the friendliest and most productive general I've ever seen on this site.
>>
>>59458984
why should I use Unity instead of Unreal Engine 4?
>>
>>59461531
There is no particular reason. Some people prefer one, some prefer the other.
>>
>>59461569
Yeah that's what it seems like from my layman point of view, both seems to more or less support the same features
>>
>>59461172
They replaced it with a hundred dollar fee and stopped caring. It's worse now.
>>
>>59458984
Unity or Unreal Engine ?

I have worked with c++ and c#
>>
>>59458984
I'd like to do a 3D game but I'm waiting for Godot 3.0 for that.

In the mean time I'm trying to make a simple Dwarf Fortress clone with SFML.
>>
>>59461630
This is not a debate thread.
>>
>>59461630
You'll get more out of UE4 in the long run in my opinion.
>>
>>59461666
>being a powerless faggot going "i'm in charge here!!", over a thread on 4chan
>>
>>59458984
What are some differences in capabilities and feature between Unity and Unreal?
>>
File: heroine2.jpg (2MB, 3930x3510px) Image search: [Google]
heroine2.jpg
2MB, 3930x3510px
working on a 3rd person hack n slash. This is my main character.
>>
>>59462039
what's the inspiration? the weapon is retarded
>>
Sure is /v/ and /vg/ in here.
>>
>>59462143
why is it retarded ? Its a fantasy setting.
>>
>>59462263
Not him, but yes it's full retarded and unusable.
>>
I'm trying to basically recreate f zero gx in unity. /agdg is too much of a clusterfuck for any real conversation. What does /g/ think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-HIydeGs6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtq29VnK7A8
>>
>>59462263
so your fantasy is about sleaky ass female wearing heavy nonuseable scythes around? is the story about strong independent wymen?
>>
>>59462355
low quality bait
>>
why would you try and make anything in unity engine. making games is for a large group of approximately 100 people. you literally can't achieve anything on your own.
>>
>>59462440
Even if the amount of people that use Unity would be 100 (which I doubt), you do know that anyone in the world with a PC can run an executable, right?
>>
An asteroid mobile game, where you are the asteroid. Been working on it for about two years, but have made nearly no progress because I have no time
>>
>>59462440
>screw indie games, just abandon already
*facedesk*
>>
>>59462470
>online collaboration to make a video game
name 1 game
>>
>>59462039
I like how the scythe makes her sudoku herself upon attack.
>>
>>59462627
it unfolds in combat mode.
>>
>>59462643
like my dong
>>
>>59462309
>>59462355
you're retarded the blade is clearly articulated

it's generic as fuck though
>>
>>59462763
The spike on top of the street lamp / staff is preventing the blade from locking into its hinge, so it instead freely flails when swung wildly, it's a feature not a bug.
>>
>>59462960
spike goes back with the blade.
>>
A game engine that does not hog down performance, does not use C# and would make games like kerbal space program(the reason it does not have n-body physics and soft terrain is unity) and other shitty indie games run on a toaster instread of laging on an i5 quadcore.
>>
>>59461531
Unreal has full source code of the engine so you can tailor it to your needs, and better feature set imo, worse documentation than unity probably.

I also dislike unitys component model but havent had much experience with that
>>
>>59458984
>>>/v/
>>
>>59461531
Use unity for quick proto typing and unreal for the actual game you want to make.
>>
>>59466662
why wouldn't you just prototype in unreal... it even got that visual scripting shit which is far more simple than unity's one
>>
>>59464625
the unreal youtube channel is really helpful though
>>
>>59461666
fags can't be satan
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.