[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable CD player that rips to itself and other ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Here's a product idea that has never been done:
A portable CD player that rips disks to itself, no computer needed

would have been the best thing ever in about 2000-2005

what do you think? also post other niche concepts that make sense but haven't been done or not done successfully
>>
>>59455797
Sounds like one of those things thats doable and the end user would love it, however, the corporate overlords wouldn't want to risk losing a few pennies by making a device that copies media when they would rather sell the cd to you again if you lose it.
>>
File: Apple_PowerCD.jpg (108KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Apple_PowerCD.jpg
108KB, 960x720px
on a slightly related note there was that Apple portable cd player that also worked as an optical drive for Macs of the time
>>
>>59455797
Would have been great when cds were relevant
But, back when cds were relevant there was no solid state memory.
Not big enough anyway.
>>
>>59455797
Plenty of cars used to do this, well the higher end ones that had built in hard drives
>>
>>59455797
That's an interesting concept. I have a feeling something like that was probably geared to hit the market before the mp3 player arrived.
>>
File: 220px-Sony-MZ-N707-MD-Walkman.jpg (17KB, 220x188px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Sony-MZ-N707-MD-Walkman.jpg
17KB, 220x188px
>>59455826
certainly, though at the time that was all so sortof up in the air legally; in some places (lol uk?) that remains the case to this day - also I recall a feature of Sony's Minidisc players being that they could record from a line input - a friend at school had one and would barrow people's cd's and copy them to their MD over the next class all hooked up in his backpack
>>
>>59455864
The player itself does it when it has a skip buffer. The memory just isn't big enough.
And having a hard drive attached to your player would make it xbox huge. Doable, but kind of kills the portable aspect.
The hardware didn't exist in the 90's to make it small.

by 2002 the cd was already basically dead thanks to ipod and napster.
>>
>>59455906
>by 2002 the cd was already basically dead thanks to ipod and napster.
Lol no, the iPod was damn expensive and Napster helped people burn their own CDs
>>
>>59455826
I imagine the they'd hate the fact that you could just pass CDs around your friends and easily all make a copy more.
>>
>>59455940
I had like 4 ipods by the time the 3rd gen came out. Every time you dropped one it broke. Everyone had an ipod. Literally killed the cd.
>>
>>59455993
Privileged fucks
>>
>>59455797
I think some car audio systems do this,
>>
>>59455993
>>59455906
CDs were still relevant as fuck to most people because of car players and shit until like 2007.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.