[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 136x136px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 136x136px
after going to Walmart website it opeNed a tab that looked just like windowa 10 system setting and displayed a message saying my license was expired so I closed the window and true again cont.
>>
File: CIcdiKBWoAA5PKr.png (72KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
CIcdiKBWoAA5PKr.png
72KB, 600x300px
went to website again same thing so I call the number long storey short gave the guy access to my laptop with gotoaccess pic related ended up someone hijacked the Walmart link for an hour or so didn't realize this till he asked me for 329 bucks so.... how fucked am i already changed passwords and deleted credit card info also the file the program left
>>
>>59454074
stupid idiot noob
>>
>>59454007
>>59454074
This has got to be weapons grade bait. If not, nuke your shit.
>>
>>59454242
ya I know the basics and I fell for something stupid >>59454264
all right do I have to worry about other devices
>>
>>59454310
Not really, unless you've suspected you got a worm. Tech support scams usually don't infect you but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Isolate the affected computer, take it off the network, and scan it with Windows Defender or whatever AV you have. Malwarebytes can be run afterwards to check for anything else.

I'd run quick scans on any other computers that were on the network at the same time the affected computer was on. Low chance of them being infected, but if they are, then you got a worm.
>>
>>59454359
I watched everything he went through the different programs told me some where viruses and that the devices on the WiFi where hackers I believed him because I'm pretty knew to computers but I already ran the 2 virus scanners I have windows defender and the one that came with the laptop
>>
I always been pretty good about this shit but I thought I was in the systems window it the reason I fell for it
>>
>>59454417
Let me guess, some pajeet kept on breathing heavily on a cheap mic, opened up your command prompt, changed the color of the text to red and then probably ran "dir" (which just shows your the files in a folder). Afterwards, he opened up run and ran Event Viewer, and said all those issues were hackers or some other shit (it's perfectly fine).

If nothing popped up, you're probably fine and he just did the normal smoke and mirrors bullshit the other scammers pull. I'd just keep an eye out for quirks just in case.
>>
>>59454542
ya your exactly rightat the end of all it I had to buy a 329 Antivirus and that's when I realized my stupidity
>>
JUST FORMAT THE FUCKING COMPUTER HOW HASNT THIS BEEN DONE IMMIDIATLY? BACK UP YOUR STUPID SHIT YOU WANT AND JUST FORMAT IT... BETTER YET INSTALL LINUX WHILE YOUR AT IT DO YOU CAN GET SUCKED IN TO THESE BRAINDEAD SCAMS
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.