[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that C is the AIDS of software?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1489782402882.png (333KB, 931x554px) Image search: [Google]
1489782402882.png
333KB, 931x554px
Can we all agree that C is the AIDS of software?
>>
>>59451937
I think you mean python
>>
>>59452018
that too. common lisp is the light
>>
>>59452018
Fuck you. Python is an awesome language.
>>
>>59452190
Name one thing it's good at....

>inb4 writing scripts quickly
There are many other languages that are just as good but with less retarded design decisions.
>>
>>59451937
No but we can agree you're a retarded faggot who is too stupid to understand and be proficient in the greatest language ever created.

>sage
>>
>>59452218
>There are many other languages that are just as good but with less retarded design decisions.
Certainly not in the case of scientific computing and machine learning. Python has become the de facto standard scripting language in those domains.

The only competition for pandas, Tensor Flow, and Jupyter is either very slow to develop (C++) or proprietary (Mathematica).
>>
>>59452190
inb4 GIL
>>
JS is AIDS
C is latin
>>
Normies won't understand why C is a great language because they don't care enough about computing.

Also has anyone else noticed how absolute shit programming discussions on /g/ are outside of /dpt/? It's exceptionally bad.
>>
No, little David, Rust is not relevant. You can stop shilling now.
>>
>>59451937
Call me when Redox reaches more embedded applications and servers than Linux or other kernels written in C.
>>
>>59451937
Java and JS are the AIDS of software, also sage pointless thread
>>
>>59451937
That's a large claim you're making when you don't even know how to code anything useful.
>>
>>59452259
>python has become the standard for performance intensive tasks like NN
inb4
>b-but they all use c++ libraries and bind to them
You will realise the limitations eventually.
>>
>>59452218
Web development, AI, data mining. Is that enough for you?
>>
I'd rather say Java and PHP are the AIDS of software.

C is fine for drivers and very low-level shit, but nothing more.
>>
File: No5.jpg (19KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
No5.jpg
19KB, 640x400px
>>59451937
>>
Can we all agree that OP is the AIDS of /g/?
>>
>>59451937
yes C is full of unsafe unmanaged code. i mean it was understandable in the pre rust days but now you have no excuse.
>>
>>59451937

No, Pajeet. Now if you had said Java, on the other hand...
>>
>>59451937
You spelt Javascript wrong
>>
>>59451937
We can all agree you belong on Reddit. Leave
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.