[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not familiar with /g/. Is talking about Arduino just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: arduino_lcd.jpg (1MB, 3264x1293px) Image search: [Google]
arduino_lcd.jpg
1MB, 3264x1293px
I'm not familiar with /g/. Is talking about Arduino just shitposting? I have one in the mail and I kind of want to talk about it unless it's just shitpost fuel.
>>
>have one in the mail
>have one on your desk
>have one sitting in your closet you never did anything with

you are on step one
>>
Try
>>>/diy/
>>
Arduino had mostly been supplemented by the pi in terms of "Kool way to learn programing" so unsurprisingly people talk about the arduino less. Feel free to talk about it, most people are familiar with it but be prepared for comments like
>>59448415
Because it suffers from the same issue the pi does (people buying it for no reason then having no ideas for how to use it in projects)

I used a 64mega to build a robot that picks up tennis dogs as part of my senior design project, was pretty gud
>>
>>59448386
Anything is shitpost fuel on /g/ nowadays. You might as well try to discuss arduino on /b/ instead.
>>
>>59448386
They are more receptive on /diy/
>>
>>59448455
I wouldn't say that, given that the pi is a computer while the duino is a microcontroller
>>
>>59448415
Well, my endgame with it is to build a display post with a register, but I have to actually learn how to use one to see if it's possible.

I was in robotics in high school, and I had a ton of fun with it. Programming and prototyping and figuring out switches and sensors and whatnot. That knowledge has long since evaporated so I have to start all over.

Can you set up an arduino to read a signal from a USB then send display data to a rather simple LED display? Is that something that's too much work for a little arduino?
>>
>>59448455

what is a tennis dog
>>
>>59448474
Wouldn't say what, that it's been supplemented? A good chunk of people on /g/ are too dumb to tell the difference besides "omg look at what this guy on the Web built with it". Besides many beginner projects tend to be very basic, non-time sensitive, I/O in nayure so either can be used
>>
>>59448415
>>have one in the mail
>>have one on your desk
>>have one sitting in your closet you never did anything with
>you are on step one

oh god this
>>
>>59448513
That was the name of our project. Just a robot that drives around a tennis court picking up tennis balls. It barely worked and most of the time overshot it's turns and distance movements (likely because I was shit at coding) but since the previous team couldn't even get it to move we passed the class
>>
Make one of these:
http://www.edtracker.org.uk/
>>
>>59448878
That looks like a neat little project. I totally will try it once I learn a little bit about Arduino. Thanks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.