[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surface Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: surfacepro4.png (494KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
surfacepro4.png
494KB, 1024x576px
What does /g/ make of the Surface Pro line? Any interest in the upcoming SP5?

Is it a piece of shit? Would buy if not windoze?
>>
>>59445251
I've had a pro 3 for a few years, broke it once and got a free upgrade from M$ after I send it in. The device is fast, lightweight, has a long battery life, and rarely has much problems. tl;dr: its good unless you want to play heavy vidya on it.
>>
>>59445251
>>59445307
Posting from an SP3, agree with everything this guy says except battery life could be better. Screen is also really nice.
>>
>>59445251
>>59445307
They seem nice but If I had the money I would buy a thinkpad yoga instead.
>>
>>59445251
Thinking about getting one for Uni so I can make graphs and shit right on my laptop. It looks alright.
>>
>>59445251
Surface 3 (Atom) here. Makes a great portable drawing tablet with great battery life. Sucks for general purpose use though, although the speakers are very decent after adjusting using Equalizer APO. The best thing about it is that it charges via microUSB so I can use a power bank with it.
Hopefully the Surface Pro 5 uses USB-C charging, the SP4 already looks to be perfect, but M$ uses the absolute worst chargers on the market.
>>
>>59445251
If I could justify the spend, I would absolutely go get the highest-tier Surface Book right now.

I got to play with one and it feels absolutely godlike.
>>
>>59445411
Supposedly the next Surface Book is going to be a full time laptop, not a detachable.
I hope that's true because that hinge on the SB1 is fucking retarded.
>>
>>59445430
I hope not
>>
>>59445430
>I hope that's true because that hinge on the SB1 is fucking retarded.

Then it's just another laptop. And the Surface line has generally been about differentiation in more than just the quality of the components. Or getting a clean install of Windows.
>>
>>59447023
I'd imagine it'd also ruffle feathers with Microsofts OEM partners, It's bad enough they muscled into the tablet space. Google regularly pulls the same stunt
>>
Surface Pro 3 here

I've always wanted a tablet and waited to a full normal OS was put on one before I got it. SP3 will last my up to 12 hours with battery saving mode on. I got the i3 4gb ram model so thats probably why I get such great battery. Runs fast af and I can play emulators (mostly use n64 myself) without any issue. Even used it for csgo for a bit with its keyboard cover and a mouse. Sucks people don't know to buy the surface over shitty ipads.
>>
I have an SP4 that my gf bought me and I had to give up my ThinkPad 13 that I had just bought in BF. I miss the keypad but other than that it's great. I use it for school so I need the portability and I play my non demanding games on it. Currently playing Fallout 1.
>>
>>59445307
This. Got a Surface 3 non-pro last year, it's an absolutely great device if you want something lightweight to browse the Internet/do light coding on.
>>
>>59445251
They're super nice. I'd get one if I didn't already have a main laptop that I like
>>
>>59445335
I've had sp2 and sp3, now on latest thinkpad yoga.

They are kinda different devices. Yoga's screen is really fucking shitty after the sp3 I had. Sp3's ntrig stylus is shit, didnt like it. Microsoft's support is amazing, can't complain, but on the other hand you cant fix your surface unlike yoga. So after you run out of warranty you're shit out of luck - which is why I sold mine before it run out. Also sp3's fan is loud compared to yoga's fan.

All in all, surface pro's are ok if
1) it's newish and under warranty
2) you only use windows
>>
File: 1468276999715.jpg (61KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468276999715.jpg
61KB, 383x500px
I need a new laptop since my current 8-year old Toshiba Satellite is on it's last breaths
Been thinking of getting a SP4/5 since I want something portable and am a drawfag. Touchpad on the cover is also really good, too
>>59450102
>Sp3's ntrig stylus
SP3 used Wacom, SP4 uses N-Trig
>>
>>59451588
No, SP3, S3 and SP4 are all N-trig.

SP1 and SP2 are Wacom.
>>
Why does no one have a sp4?
>inb4 poor and I got my sp2/3 thanks to slickdeals.net.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.