[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NoScript

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: logo.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
67KB, 250x250px
Is it a meme for Linux users?
>>
Is it a meme for whonix users?

Not like javascript can leak my ip when the machine itself doesn't even know its own ip.
>>
>>59444625
LibreJS and uMatrix also do a similar thing.
>>
No script is ridiculous enjoy using the internet with that shit enabled
>>
>>59444692
Just enable it for sites you trust and it will all work fine. Why would you want to let every random website you visit run whatever scripts it wants?
>>
uBlock Origin is enough for blocking. There's no need to manually control script execution on websites when there are already good filters to do the job for you. As far as JavaScript exploits goes... you're very unlikely to be affected if you use GNU/Linux. JavaScript does of course run on GNU/Linux but at most your browser will segfault when the exploit tries to plant malware in C:\Windows\system32.
>>
>>59444625
I don't see what Linux has to do with it. I use JavaScript blockers on OS X and Windows.
>>
>>59444625
NoScript is actively malicious.
The dev keeps "updating" the add-on every few days to show you his changelog webpage as often as possible. Which has lots of ads in it and actively tries to circumvent adblockers.
The developer even made the add-on whitelist his site in adblockers.
>>
>>59446719
>>59446719
>>>59444625 (OP)
>NoScript is actively malicious.
>The dev keeps "updating" the add-on every few days to show you his changelog webpage as often as possible. Which has lots of ads in it and actively tries to circumvent adblockers.
>The developer even made the add-on whitelist his site in adblockers.
This. Noscript is considered harmful and even tor is thinking about fork. Only retards use the shady software made by an Italian Faggot shilling Spyware.
>>
>>59444625
No.
>>
>>59446762
What the Tor project should be thinking about instead is just disabling JS flat out. Every deanonymization attack against Tor has relied on malicious JS to work.
>>
>>59446719
Unselect show homepage
Select all whitelisted shit and hit delete
>>
File: ns-printscreen.png (82KB, 485x261px) Image search: [Google]
ns-printscreen.png
82KB, 485x261px
Is your shit as clean as this?
Have you ever even looked at the configs?
>>
>>59444692
>fucking every whore of Liberia in sight without a condom
>>
>>59444625
No, it works pretty well. Much better than uMatrix imo.
>>
>>59444692
>No script is ridiculous enjoy using the internet with that shit enabled
That is exactly what I do every day.
>>
the modern web without js is literally broken
>>
>>59447321
Which is exactly why you use NoScript instead of just disabling JavaScript altogether.
>>
>>59447321
it shouldn't be like that. blame the web developers who use JS for everything, even when not necessary. overuse of JS leads to bloated sites that literally require more processing power than Crysis does.
>>
>>59447321
No, the modern web is broken because it depends so heavily on JS.
>>
>>59444625
It's like nobody here uses Privoxy. Kek.
>>
>>59447476
This. JavaScript should basically never be used for regular web pages. Only when you actually need to run an application inside the browser is it acceptable.
>Protip: That's never. Give me a standalone client or gtfo.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-17+at+01.28.27).png (13KB, 444x271px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-17+at+01.28.27).png
13KB, 444x271px
>>59447116
your shit's whack, fuck outta here noscript nigger
>>
>>59447745
what is that?
>>
>>59444692
Browsing the modern day web with javascript enabled is like going raw in a $5 street hooker. You're fucking asking for it. I actually get sick just thinking about enabling JS temporarily.
>>
>>59447745
That does not answer the question.
(you are free to pick your poison tho)
>>
>>59447779
> what is that?
uMatrix
>>
:stop music:
>>
Just an FYI, the vast majority of browser 0day is via UAFs in JavaScript engines
>>
>>59447745
This is what I use.
Definitely a step up in terms of usability, cause functionality wise they're pretty much the same thing.
But figuring out which objects are necessary for the page to even show you the content is a lot easier.

would recommend/10
>>
Something like NoScript is essential if you stream pr0n.
>>
hey yall, got some javascript for you to run. promise it's nice. hehehe
>>
>>59447745
How do you post without scripts disabled? I can't get it to work, even with legacy captcha.
>>
>>59449445
maybe he's a pass user
>>
>>59449680
Probably.
>>
>>59447745
This uMatrix masterace.
>>
>>59449445
>>59449680
>>59450366
There's a JavaScriptless captcha
>>
>>59450413
how do I get it?
>>
>>59450463
By disabling JavaScript
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.