[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tech feels thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 314626-happiness-2.jpg (37KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
314626-happiness-2.jpg
37KB, 700x400px
>when you get the GitHub search terms just right and find exactly the code you need to plagiarize to get a good grade

Such a good feeling.
>>
>>59442174
Reminder that CS degrees are a meme
Have fun working at mcdonalds for the next few years
>>
>>59442179
Reminder that CS is one of the most in demand degrees.

Enjoy serving coffee at Starbucks SJW major.
>>
>>59442174
enjoy being a shit web developer OP.
>>
>>59442174
>tfw you find the right code to reference then work the concept behind it into your existing code to both get a good grade and further your understanding of the language
>tfw you find a way to do it better as you reflect on it
>tfw your submission is the only one that looks like an actual professional and not copypasted pajeet garbage

That last one is painful. It's easy to feel good when your classmates are unvirtuously lazy, but it's a sad sort of victory.
>>
>>59442193
By statistics alone it is but try actually getting a job with that meme degree and no real portfolio you'll be laughed out of 99% of interviews
>>
>>59442234
I already have a portfolio though.

>>59442226
The best part is when people like you get lower grades for having an unoptimized, original solution. This has happened to me before. First time, I tried my best to come up with a solution. Second time, different assignment, copy and paste. Perfect marks for the second time.
>>
>>59442215
Web devs with degrees make dosh, friendo, better than 90% of non-STEM degrees.
>>
>>59442234
building a few shitty web apps does not make up for lack of a degree, bootcamp faggot
>>
>>59442281
Yeah he's probably a bootcamp faggot who doesn't even know what a binary tree is.
>>
>when people fall for meme languages
Gets me every time!
>>
>>59442257
I was always among the very top-scoring in my classes, actually. A better way leads to better optimisation and more elegant code by definition, otherwise it's not better. Yet even then, sometimes "worse" is in fact "better" for other reasons. It's a strange world.
>>
>>59442296
nice strawman
>>
>>59442257
>>59442314
not sure what school you guys go to where optimization is important. 99% of the time, the professors just want a working solution that isn't completely shit. have good formatting, clean coding style, functionality and demonstrates knowledge of the student = A, easily.
>>
>>59442327
Post salary and region bootcamp faggot.
>>
>>59442343
Looks like you go to a shit school.
>>
>>59442358
did I say optimization wasn't important? obviously optimization is important, but the professors aren't expecting the students to produce highly optimized code for little toy assignments. I don't want to have to namedrop my school, because it isn't important

and even if it were the case, are you really that much of a brainlet that you need to copy paste to get that optimization?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.