[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you using Elementary, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: beauty.png (993KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
beauty.png
993KB, 1366x768px
Why aren't you using Elementary, /g/?
>>
File: freebsd.jpg (21KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
freebsd.jpg
21KB, 500x336px
because it's restrictive.

I tried it and didn't like it.

I use freebsd now
>>
>>59441399
because i'm using macos in a thinkpad
>>
Because Arch is better
>>
>>59441399
>systemd
nice try
>>
>>59441399

Because I don't support DE devs who think that they need to make a full distro, and I support them even less when they act like they are entitled to everyone's money.
>>
>>59441399
Zbrsuh, substance painter, corell painter.
>>
File: smugger pepe.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
smugger pepe.png
53KB, 200x200px
>>59441661
Show us all those great pieces of art you've been making anon.
>>
I use Slackware.
>>
File: 8143614_orig[1].png (396KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
8143614_orig[1].png
396KB, 1000x563px
I miss Pear
>>
>>59441399
Because it's not good.
>>
I already run Manjaro on my ChromeBook through a persistent USB install and also on my secondary SSD which has Manjaro installed on my ChinkPad.

apt and apt-get are dog urine and horridly outdated repositories and yaourt is indefinitely simply much easier and much better any day.

So why the fuck would I use ubantoo? I don't give a dog's shit if oobongoo has huge coverage for support and answers for problems/issues/bugs and all that, Manjaro and Arch are both on the same level of coverage for support anyway since Manjaro is based off Arch and and they both have solutions and fixes to just about anything and everything they've bumped into

Besides, eOS is just a gimped gimmick of OS X and oobongoo you're better off just installing and running with oobongoo if that's/it's your thing/distro of choice.
>>
File: 1373103764470.jpg (89KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
1373103764470.jpg
89KB, 500x719px
Because it sucks ass, and they have the balls to ask money for it.
I had it installed and jesus christ it has to be the shittiest clusterfuck of an excuse for a linux distro.
Pic related, average eOS user.
>>
It's not RedoxOS
>>
>>59441428
found the neet
>>
>>59441399
Because I have a more stable distro, which doesn't end up with DE crashing more times than I open Firefox
>>
because even stock ubuntu is severely less restrictive and offers a better DE.
>>
>>59441428
how do you even read this
>>
File: maximum lols.jpg (28KB, 332x305px) Image search: [Google]
maximum lols.jpg
28KB, 332x305px
>hes so incompetent he chooses a distro because of the DE!
>>
because it sucks and the devs are jewish cunts
>>
>>59443460
>>59444185
He's not wrong
>>
>>59444794
I used to be that incompetent
I googled distro names and picked based on the prettiest name and which had the prettiest images on google images, or had the default programs I needed

I thought you were limited in what programs were compatible

I was a complete brainlet

and then I installed gentoo

and I am still a brainlet
>>
File: 1479734472535.png (32KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479734472535.png
32KB, 344x326px
>>59441399
Cuz its based on faggoty ubuntu, ergo os for subhumans
>>
I tried it for a week. It's a good idea but has many rough corners.

Went back to FreeBSD/GNOME afterwards.
>>
>>59441399
I can constomise KDE to look exactly like that

My only issue is figuring out how to center the clock
>>
>gnome 3 ripoff running on ubuntu ripoff
for what purpose
>>
>>59441399
Buggy.
Its the best looking DE OOTB but its just not stable enough.
>>
>>59441399
Because the devs are shitheads
Why should I be expected to pay for Elementary
I donate regularly to good humble open source community projects already
But noooo, according to elementaryos devs I'm "cheating" them if I don't pay them
If they don't want to cheat themselves, why not get eOS devs to pay off Ubuntu, Debian, and the maintainers of any package that went into their distro, also including every Linux kernel dev?
>>
>>59441855
Isn't Pearl Linux a continuation of Pear?
>>
>>59441399
Because I'd rather shit in my hands and clap. Why are you using it?
>>
>>59445018
Dude what are you talking about?
I downloaded elementary a few months ago, iirc if this is the one that sends you to a payment thing where it asks how much you want to pay you can just put in a zero and click okay.
I initially wanted it for a 32 bit system but ended up getting a 64 bit download. Now I got it sitting around I nearly deleted it but I can't decide if I want to try it out on my 64 bit system or if I want to try a different linux distro like ubuntu
>>
>>59445924

>or if I want to try a different linux distro like ubuntu

elementary is Ubuntu tho. Its perfectly fine man. Just use it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.