[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck are they tracking me, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: expired.jpg (91KB, 987x475px) Image search: [Google]
expired.jpg
91KB, 987x475px
You get 3 hours to watch the games for free. In years past, you could just watch in Incognito mode, close and come back and it resets your time. Now it doesn't work. With Firefox/Chrome, deleting history, cookies, cache folders and uninstalling doesn't work. It still knows it's me. If I trying using ad or script blockers, the video won't even play. Any ideas what they are using individual viewers? Please help us /g/, you're our only hope....
>>
why are you watching amateur basketball?
>>
I don't think it's IP either because you can log on on a different browser and you get a new timer.
>>
>>59441258
why would watch pro? these guys are actually playing for something. If they do good they get a better chance at an NBA career.

Pro-players already make millions, ,only kind of care and the league is the most rigged of all pro-sports.
>>
>>59441258
Uhm they all actually try? So when you bet on the games on good teams pulling through for you instead of mailing it in and/or tanking?
>>
>>59441267
your ip doesnt change with browsers dummy
>>
>>59441402
>actually try
Lmao, sure they do college fag
>>59441328
I like to watch professional play, not mostly shitty teen playing ball

There is no fucking reason to watch them unless you are from college or watching a prospect
>>
>>59441482
That's exactly what he is saying, retard.

If its flash it could be storing stuff in your appdata/roaming/macromedia possibly.
>>
Maybe try using opera browser with its built in "VPN"
>>
>>59441234
>watching niggers chase balls.

Nice sport, cuck. Why dont you watch a true american sport, like nascar
>>
>>59441267
it could be based on user agent and IP
>>
>>59441328
Set up an amateur league and get these niggers out of schools.
>>
>>59441234
Stop watching nigger sports, it'll make you want fried chicken.
>>
>>59441681
Good thought, thanks, it's in html5 video though. I'm guessing some kind of browser fingerprinting?
>>
>>59441858
What do you watch you fucking cuck? Badminton? Swimming? Have fun with that, faggot
>>
>>59441905
Hockey; and no i'm not a canook I just like fast paced violent sports.
>>
>>59441234
They are probably storing your IP somewhere. If it's live encoding they might be using WOWZA transcoder or something like that. Just VPN like the rest of the world.

There is a thing in the CDN world called IP HASHING. They do this typically for media content that's supposed to be behind a paywall. This is a common practice in the video world.
>>
>>59441234
Mac spoof in your router to change IP address.
>>
>>59441718
>not baseball. The true American sport
>>
>>59441234

Dude.. Is the microwave visible from where you're sitting?
>>
>>59442206
Um yes....omg their cookin muh brains! Thanku, scholar
>>
>>59441681
>If its flash it could be storing stuff in your appdata/roaming/macromedia possibly.
First thing I thought of as well.

>>59441893
They could still use flash to store supercookies, they don't have to have video player with it.
I've seen flash cookies stored even from websites you wouldn't think use flash.

Otherwise, get uMatrix, there's a slider to spoof your user agent and try with that, should give you a different fingerprint overall unless they're relying on something specific.
>>
>>59442578
Hey thanks. I've tried other script/ad blockers and the problem is the video won't play if you run most of those types of things. Haven't heard of that one though, and will give it a shot when the games start back up. Thanks!
>>
>>59441893
I think it's fingerprinting. Looking at your fonts and browser and os and ip etc.etc. Try with a live cd of some linux and see if it still identifies you.
>>
>>59441234
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fingerprinting
>>
File: shannon2.jpg (14KB, 230x90px) Image search: [Google]
shannon2.jpg
14KB, 230x90px
>>59441234
What OS? How many bits of entropy are you using?

Are you deleting the super cookies?
>>
>>59441234
They are likely to use a IP+reported browser version combo. in one household there can be several people it would be shit to limit by IP only. So browser version (with fingerprinting) would work best
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.