[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Does any Linux distro come with non-free or contrib packages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: nonbotnet.png (121KB, 950x558px) Image search: [Google]
nonbotnet.png
121KB, 950x558px
Does any Linux distro come with non-free or contrib packages as standard?

Also, botnet/Linux general.
>>
>>59436850

This is a question that doesn't deserve its own thread, also it would be easy to answer by yourself since you only need to find one counterexample. There are also GNU/Linux generals. I won't enable shitposters like you, learn to use the board properly kid.
>>
>>59437011

>since you only need to find one counterexample

Sure, the thread asked for 'does any', which implies one distro. Let me rephrase as "which Linux distros". That's a better question, and is actually what I meant. Apologies that it ired you, I should have posted a better OP.
>>
>>59436850
try bsd? i am about to. gnu cucks can go to hell.
>>
File: uber_dland_large.png (343KB, 1000x869px) Image search: [Google]
uber_dland_large.png
343KB, 1000x869px
ok so i installed fedora 25 -- now i want to just browse my windows workgroup -- i see the workgroup -- when i click on it boom, shows me all my windows machines -- but when i try to click on the shares -- i get this error:

UNABLE TO ACCESS LOCATION - Failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection refused [OK]

obliviously there is a connection or barrier issue -- possibly a protocol choke or ib.ob firewall rule -- what the fuck do i do? -- never had this issue with other distros -- note: samba is also installed...

>inb4 babies' first loonux
>>
>>59436850
Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system "Linux" is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.
>>
>>59438344

Do your own research instead of wanting to be spoon fed you piece of shit. You can see all the info you want in the pages and manuals of the distros.
>>
>>59438488
so basically ask me to fix it myself -- which by the way i tried -- not my fault when the community basically tells you the same thing -- and i find it sad your niggerass responded to bumping a question in a ubuntu/linux general thread as referred to op's starting this thread.
>>
>>59438515

>he thinks his thread is a general
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You can't make an untagged thread for a personal question and call it a general you stupid newfag. On top of that there are already active generals where this stuff would fit, so it would be a dupe you idiot. No wonder you can't understand the documentation of your distros if you're such an imbecile that can't even read the catalog here. Stop browsing this place kid.
>>
>>59438649

My sweet baby Jesus Christ, how fucking savage. That Redditor is gonna tell tales about how awful le 4chan is for the rest of his life kek
>>
File: trench.jpg (69KB, 502x341px) Image search: [Google]
trench.jpg
69KB, 502x341px
>>59438649
>>59438804

listen here you can call me anything but calling me a redditor is crossing the line.

by the way i figured it out -- turns out that samba's inetd.conf was not in default services startup -- so fuck you nigger loving kikes
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.