[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vault 7 protection ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: computer-programming.jpg (725KB, 1732x1155px) Image search: [Google]
computer-programming.jpg
725KB, 1732x1155px
Can we stockpile a list of defenses against these new vulnerabilities that the vault 7 fiasco has exposed. It might be that i'm currently high, but this world is seriously becoming Orwellian in an increasingly alarming pace.

Btw I know you anons, this is a serious request.
>>
>>59435462
Easiest way to be anonymous is to unplug, otherwise this is an acceptable risk and you gotta accept it.
>>
>>59435462

STOP MISSUSING THE TERM ORWELLIAN.
Saying Orwellian is equal to mass survaliance is commiting an 'Orweillian act' in itself.

Ofcourse total survaliance was part of Oceania, but the main points Orwell brought up in his roman were 'new speak' and 'double think'.

New speak has the aim to make it impossible to disagree with IncSoc because there are simply no words to do that left.
New speak is giving existing words new meainings.
If new speak is sucessfully implemented, no
survaliance is necessary.

Thats what 1984 was all about, not fucking survaliance.
>>
>>59435485
I know, but it just feels like a load of bullshit, I mean since when did it become acceptable for the gov to hack us, but it's a federal offense for us to hack them... There's no privacy anymore.
>>
>>59435537
I completely understand your point, it's true. I used the term loosely to make people understand my point, as a common expression. I think there is a point to make about being pedantic or unnecessarily precise about something when it comes to context; we are not discussing literature or any of the matter. Now if surveillance was part of Oceania then my initial usage of the term is not in all regards wrong.
>>
>>59435716
But I like the fact that someone is passionate enough about "1984" to rage against a minor and/or common offense like mine. ^_^
>>
>>59435462
Ok here's a list of steps:
>Update your software if you haven't updated in the last 5 years
>Don't let CIA niggers inside your house
>Do nothing
CIA can't develop for shit and all the malware posted in wikileaks was bought and old as fuck.
>>
File: 1444969307163.jpg (2MB, 1508x2027px) Image search: [Google]
1444969307163.jpg
2MB, 1508x2027px
>>59435462

These are OLD vulnerabilities, by the time they get leaked they are out of date, the point is the CIA actively finds ways to infiltrate the latest software, that's the takeaway, not what specific issues were revealed

whatever you are using now probably has a vulnerability the CIA is just now exploiting and the developers are not even aware of.....

the fact they do it is the message, and they are keeping up with the times
>>
>>59435748
Also with all this Trump bs and what the government is doing in several frontiers, we ARE becoming Orwellian. I mean just look at these links...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geEVwslL-YY
>>
File: dcsdcs.jpg (55KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dcsdcs.jpg
55KB, 400x300px
>>59435838
>we ARE becoming Orwellian

wow such insight, so realization
>>
>>59435462
Kill yourself, you worthless piece of shit.
>>
>>59435789
>CIA can't develop for shit and all the malware posted in wikileaks was bought and old as fuck.

the malware that wound up getting posted was old because it took a long time to find, gather and publish

they are up to new shit now, they don't do things that don't exploit current systems

kind of like how the SR-71 was only declassified when it had been replaced by new satellite technology
>>
>>59435880
lol
>>
>>59435911
Makes perfect sense, it's just maddening the absurd levels we end users have to go through just to get some privacy. I use this website that tells me how unique the identifiers on my browser are and even when I think I have the basics covered... boom, shit ton of vulnerabilities... I cry...
>>
>>59435893
Can you tell us why tho?
>>
>>59435832

>>59436116
>>
>>59435832
And btw, the fact that i'm high makes that pic stupidly funny right now lol
>>
>>59435563
It's a federal offense both ways. Just don't get caught, for both sides.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.