[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A moment of your time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1486779629589.jpg (48KB, 446x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486779629589.jpg
48KB, 446x604px
An older woman has tasked me with purchasing her a laptop, she doesn't know diddly about computers, she has an old laptop that has about 1 gig of ram on it and she just never can figure it out, I offered to practically give her my old laptop, for about 20 bucks, and she didn't seem to want it, but rather to buy a "new" one. I found a couple thinkpads for around 130 bucks for her, that would more than suit her needs, due to her older laptop being ancient at this point, but I figured since you guys are the smartest around I'd ask you for advice. note: i bought a thinkpad for around that price and have been incredibly satisfied with it, and wouldn't suggest it to her without my having done the same, so it isn't just meming her or anything.
>>
you are a cuck
>>
>>59434471
also, to clarify, i "fix" her computer often, gratis, since it typically just needs to be turned off and turned on again. all she does is browse facebook and play browser games. she just says she wants something "faster".
>>
>>59434498
what? why? because i help an old lady with her computer?
>>
>>59434498
/thread
>>59434529
bcus you come crying to /g for help
kys faggot cuck
>>
LTP
>>
>>59434502
Add 2gb of ram to that build and you are good to go. Although she might think you are scamming her or breaking her computer by inserting weird green things inside her computer. My $0.02
>>
>>59434572
what? i just was seeing if anyone had any suggestions for a more reasonably priced laptop, i plan to go along with the thinkpad idea, since it has worked for me, i already have a path, and seeing if there's anyone who has a better idea is a responsible thing to do. but you will do as you wish, i suppose.
>>
>>59434604
yeah, that seems like a good option as well, but this thing is pretty god damned ancient, and i worry about the placebo effect just making her think nothing was changed at all, and bothering me more. i even tried to get her to use linux on it since i figured she couldn't fuck that up by downloading shit off the internet that doesn't belong there, and i threw adblock on her current one, so it's less likely she'll fuck up her windows installation. i dunno, i tried to communicate to her these ideas, but she just wants a new laptop.
>>
>>59434668
Old people needs things to bother themselves since they got all of the time in the world so just let her buy a new computer.
>>
>>59434722
yeah, i guess i'll just make sure she doesn't buy a 400 buck one from wal-mart.
>>
>>59434471
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-110s-White-N3060-1-6GHz-32GB-SSD-2GB-11-6-WIN-10-MS-Office-365-/132080030224
>>
She would get more use out of a tablet
>>
>>59434471
vivobook
>>
>>59434605
you realize this same faggot thread is spammed with two other threads asking the exact same thing
it's clearly an advertising attempt by shills.
also read teh sticky you stupid cockgobblin.
>>
>>59434471
You need 2nd gen i5 or better, 4GiB RAM bare minimum, an SSD, and a fresh windows install. Get the cheapest thing that meets that bar and looks decent (thinkpads are fugly)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.