[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he still buys asus products

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

>he still buys asus products
>>
Did you just fucking assume my gender?
>>
>>59432964
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Good one iFunny
>>
>>59432059
Damn right, their motherboards are the best around.
>>
>>59432059
They have excellent wifi cards.
>>
>>59433148
>"""""""""best""""""""
>>
>>59432059
Is msi high tier?
>>
>>59432059
>he dosent buy asus products
>>
>>59433792
Yes, best. As somebody who's owned Gigabyte, MSI and ASCock boards for comparison, I feel qualified to make that claim, given that EVGA and Biostar are universally recognised as shit tier. Nothing can touch Asus' UEFI implementation and I've never had any outright problems with their boards.

Their graphics cards are shit though.
>>
>>59433876
>republic of gaymer
Nah
>>
>>59432059

It was all downhill once they axed the "heart touching" motto
>>
File: ASUS-Z170-WS-Motherboard-Top.jpg (124KB, 600x713px) Image search: [Google]
ASUS-Z170-WS-Motherboard-Top.jpg
124KB, 600x713px
>>59433907
>implying
>>
>>59433897
I gotten two doa mobo from asus in the last two week. I never had a problem with Gigabytes mobo unless it vrm, which those am4 asus boards do not have
>>
>>59432059
I would but they removed the PS/2 port on their top x370 model.
>>
>>59433958
Well, DOA is DOA. I've never had any sort of computer component arrive DOA. Maybe stop running over black cats.
>>
>>59433987
IDE gone, PCI gone, PS/2 gone
is there some expansion card providing legacy IO in comfy way?
>>
>>59433897
ASUS motherboards are shit, period.
>sudden reboots, cause "muh anti-surge"
>won't power off on shutdown, sometimes the solution is only to reflash
>won't boot the OS automatically, boots to UEFI utility instead
These are common issues
>>
>>59434081
>sudden reboots, cause "muh anti-surge"
So turn it off. It was disabled by default on my Z270-A.

>won't power off on shutdown, sometimes the solution is only to reflash
>won't boot the OS automatically, boots to UEFI utility instead
Literally never ever happened to me.

You can find a whole raft of """""common""""" problems for any motherboard manufacturer. Who exactly are you recommending in their place? MSI, who spend more money on the artists who draw their dragon logos than the components? Gigabyte with the UEFI straight out of 1992? Fucking ASCock?
>>
>>59434234
Not gonna recommend the Republic of shitty bios that is asus

Would recommend based star
>>
>>59432964
sensiblechuckle.gif
>>
>>59434234
>ASCock
not ASSKEK
>>
>>59433897
Owning a Prime B350M-A, I want to tell you you're wrong. I can jump into BIOS and watch my CPU voltage go up and down like a roller coaster thanks to the shitty VRM. The lack of capacitance on the sound chip means my woofer pops every boot. Sometimes the BIOS just goes "fuck me" and reverts to defaults which means the "gamer" LED turns back on. You ever been been woke up in the middle of the night because your fucking motherboard decided it was a good time to turn on an orange LED and alert you it's reverted back to default settings? This is after the day 1 BIOS flash I had to do. I haven't had this piece of shit a week and I already have an MSI on the way to replace it.
I've had biostar, asrock, and gigabyte boards and never have I had to deal with the frustrating shit this asus has thrown at me. And by Monday, I guess I'll add MSI to the list of boards that work better than Asus.
>>
>>59433957
Is there a z270 version of this?
>>
My tuf board was riddled with random memory dump bsods and gpu related bsods occasionally. Thought it was ram, tested it then the board dies. Amazon lets me keep the board and gives me a refund for it so i replace it with a evga board thats been flawless
>>
Stop Brady posting
>>
I don't get the purpose of those black marker scribbles on the faces of sports people.
Is there an actual point beyond looking like a retard?
>>
>>59438544
It's to prevent sweat from reflecting light into your eyes.
>>
>>59438544
And they still would get more bitches than you
>>
>>59438765
If they want AIDS they can go ahead.
I'm content with 2 bitches in all.
>>
>>59433897
I've owned Gigabyte and Asus motherboards. The Asus one broke after a few weeks, I'm still using the Gigabyte board after like 9 months.
>>
>>59433361
They have shit WiFi hardware. Do not buy.
>>
My led lit keyboardlights up when I hit a key even if the computer is off. Does that mean the ASUS mobo is still on?
>>
Excluding gaymur garbage products, this is how I woyld rate consumer mobo's/gpu's:

Top (expensive) tier:
EVGA

Good (still slightly more expensive) tier:
Asus

Decent tier:
MSI (mostly gamer trash)
Gigabyte (swapping parts for cheaper shit after reviews)

Cheap tier:
AsRock
>>
>mouse, monitor, several mobos
just werks. i may stop buying when I finally run into issues.
>>59438803
I think it's the usb charge function that works even when your pc is turned off. disable in bios.
best solution is to use a powerstrip/turn off psu anyway.
>>
>>59432059
only motherboard that has gone "the way of the US" was a MSI motherboard and actually it shit itself after 2 years of use. Everything else has been and is ASUS, works alright and I still have a couple of boxes running since 05 with an ASUS motherboard. Also still own a N7 2012 that works and a N7 2013 that also still works. Have at least 2 laptops made by them, the newest one is a year old the other one 5 and going strong. Got a router for my parents home 2 years ago, never a problem, runs the official firmware and I probably will put Tomato Advanced on it.
Personal experience indicates that they make decent stuff. A friend of mine has the same history but with Gigabyte. He owned a shit ton of Gigabyt shit for the past 17 years.
>>
>>59433825
#1 MSI
#2 GIGABYTE
>>
>>59433987
>PS/2
Is it 1992?
>>
>>59439012

Faulty USB setup in BIOS watdu, hotshot?
>>
>>59432059
I've owned a bunch of Asus kit over the years, both PC components and a tablet or two. Never had any issues whatsoever.
>>
File: 1487309243257.png (277KB, 550x462px) Image search: [Google]
1487309243257.png
277KB, 550x462px
Good place as any to ask, I recently got a 4790k with an Asrock z97 pro4 mobo, any of you guys have it? any problems? it seems packed with features although it was really cheap so that bothers me about it's reliability.

Had an extreme3 gen3 for 5 years and had no problems at all aside from a busted Ethernet port thanks to a thunderstorm.
>>
>>59432059
I've owned 3 laptops, an hp, dell. and asus
Hp was okay and so was asus. Dell's was a hot piece of garbage
>>
>>59434059
>PS/2 gone
Depends on the mobo, some bring at least 1 PS/2 port for legacy KB / Mouse.

If you buy a business desktop (or mobo) they have legacy ports because they know that some companies dont like to trash devices just because they are not supported anymore.
>>
>>59432964
>sensiblechuckle.ape
>>
>>59433897
>asus
>grave memory problems with am4, fix in 2 months from launch
>lower tier boards don't even have basic vrm cooling

>gigabyte
>no problems at all
>>
>>59434059
There are adapter cards dor IDE, like:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=ide%20card&Submit=ENE

>>59439607
Depends on the series of the laptop. Dell's optiplex series are sturdy, Precision series are the shit but they cost a fortune. In HP you have the prodesk / probook/ elitebook business series and those can run for years almost unsupervised

I have an Asus laptop, and is reliable, no problems so far.

My point is: Not every model is bad, if you buy the cheapest stuff and even some mid range stuff you can expect some kind of failure let it be in design or manufacture.
>>
>>59432059
I've never own anything asus except wifi router and in term of value for money, they're basically up there (hell, the best even in some area)

Asus>linksys>zte=huawei>tp-link>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>d-link
>>
As someone with an ASUS phone, this offends me.

But it's shit
>>
>>59432059
Already learned my lesson.
>>
Hating SNSV is the new meme? Someone can explain?
>>
File: tmp_5987-1486539590847-385407296.jpg (195KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5987-1486539590847-385407296.jpg
195KB, 1200x900px
>>59438781
Yeah I'm sure your two hands are great
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.