[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drive Fucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1171.png (1MB, 1350x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.png
1MB, 1350x1350px
/g/ I come to you in a time of great peril. I know I'm not supposed to use this board as a tech support type deal but I've exhausted my options. Randomly the other day my computer started running at 100% disk usage constantly no matter what was running etc etc.

I googled the problem and came up with disabling some windows services, which did nothing. I ran check disk which took 8 hours and then did nothing. I finally used the "refresh" feature in windows 8 which saves your files but does a clean install of windows, which did nothing.

Nothing has helped.Every single action on the computer is taking about 300x longer than it should. Is my drive about to self destruct? Laptop in question is only about a year old.
>>
>>59431309
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
>>
>>59431338
Inane meme
>>
File: IMG_1173.jpg (153KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1173.jpg
153KB, 750x750px
>>59431309
For anyone willing to help.
>>
Have you tried wiping the hard drive? In case you don't know how to that, let me explain that to you. First you unplug the drive from the computer. Then you take some toilet paper and wipe the toilet paper across the drive. Congratulations, you have successfully wiped your hard drive.
>>
>>59431309
if you think your disk is about to die, stop hammering it with activities that are going to use it. back up all your important things and be prepared for it to stop at any moment. run smart checks on it if possible & think about buying a new disk. equally it could be all fine and you may just have to wait for it to blow over.
>>
>>59431413
This shows your disk inactive and normal.
>>
>>59431309
wndows 10 kills harddrives

the older your drive, the higher the risk. it killed my mom's laptop drive. install windows 8, 7, or gnu plus the linux kernel
>>
What software will check my HDD and tell me if its healthy? bcuz my hdd does what OP does
>>
So I have a bit of a problem. I installed the RXD7P Nvidia display driver on my l702x on Windows 8.1, but I found it it's only supported with Windows 7. Every time I boot, a black screen appears. The laptop is dual booted with Kali Linux, but I can't seem to delete the RXD7P in the C drive of Windows 8.1 because I need SU privileges to write to file. What do I do? I'm trying to avoid reinstalling windows.
>>
>>59431413
>Western digital

There's your problem.
>>
>>59431309
What is using the disk?
Anyway Windows 8 and 10 have a terrible, and I say absolutely terrible disk usage writing shit costantly even during idle times
>>
>>59432061
>wndows 10 kills harddrives
bingo. there's a reason this piece of shit is free
and there's a reason there's constant drive activity whenever you're running win10.
>le p2p updates! (which is insecure as fuck)
but rlly it's just a guize to make morons pay for a new hdd now that the prices are being jacked up again.
>>
Boot into safe mode, is the drive at 100% there too? If not, its something in windows. Backup data, reinstall windows .if it is still at 100%, install crystaldisk info to check the drive health. If it says its failing, backup, run magic jelly bean to get your win 7 key if its not in a sticker on your device, buy a new drive, reinstall windows with your key.

If its win 8 or 10 the key bit shouldn't be necessary (i dont think), someone correct me if im wrong.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.