[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying Kickstarter tech ever advisable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: battery-slider-1[1].jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
battery-slider-1[1].jpg
21KB, 400x300px
Is buying Kickstarter tech ever advisable?
>>
No, because you can just buy it not even a week later from Alibaba
>>
Reasonable expectations .
>>
>>59431291
Funding stuff on Kickstarter has gotten a bad rap IMO. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between kickstarters that are "I have this amazing idea give me money and I can make it happen lol" and kickstarters that are "we've been working on this project for years and have a great business plan in place, give us money and we can make it happen faster"
>>
>>59431291
>rebrand meme products from no name chink manufacturers with no advertising presence

gee, i don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>59431454
both of which are scams that offset risk onto morons who fund them.

if these dipshits want funding maybe they should sell equity instead of garbage.

but you stupid consumer kiddos probably don't even know what equity is.

Kickstarter is a scam, period.
>>
>>59431291
Yes.
After they've been funded, released and tested by independent 3rd parties.
>>
>>59431454
The thing I posted is already out (been out since 2015) so it was already funded.
>>
>>59431454
can you name any kickstarter success stories other than pebble and oculus rift?

pebble sold out and their owners made bank gutting the company and selling themselves to fitbit
oculus sold out and their owners made bank gutting the company and selling themselves to facebook

nobody who invested (aka donated) to the company got to see a penny of this windfall
>>
>>59431291

On kikstarter itself, no. After the thing becomes an actual company and established brand in 5 years time, yes.
>>
>>59431291
Nope, Kickstarters are almost always sellouts, and you, an """investor""" don't get shit.

What happened to the old way of just becoming big enough to get onto the stock market? At least Snapchat did it.
>>
>>59433295
>become massively overvalued IPO
>literally zero plan to become profitable in the forseeable future
>INVEST INVEST INVEST!!!
>>
>>59433251
Hollow Knight
FTL
Aside for low budget games I don't think that kickstarter work very often.
>>
>>59433366
Kickstarter has actually been pretty good for intellectual property things.
But for physical items it's a kekfest.
>>
>>59433251
This. There is literally no return on investment for this shit. Even if your pledge means you'll supposedly get the finished product for cheaper, provided it even materializes, all you've managed to do is help some random assholes get rich.

There's far too many cases of underwhelming delivery on finished products to trust crowdfunding anymore. Wasteland 2 and that Doublefine game were made by competent developers with proven track records, but neither were very good at all. Even being funded grossly over initial goal didn't prevent them from claiming money became an issue.

And that's just it: money always is an issue with these things. You can't set an arbitrary goal and expect it to hold. The market always changes and the process involved always either changes or presents unexpected challenges. It's exactly WHY investors turn these idiots down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.