[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broke 1080ti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: MkrCnb4.jpg (902KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
MkrCnb4.jpg
902KB, 4032x3024px
I dun goofed

Anyone know what part this is and if it is important?
>>
>>59430882
That's just the ion decoupler. It'll work fine, but release deadly radiation into your room. A bit of a trade-off, but workable.
>>
>>59430882
just use duck tape
>>
plug it in I wanna see what happens.
>>
File: hY4FcGN.jpg (275KB, 348x960px) Image search: [Google]
hY4FcGN.jpg
275KB, 348x960px
>>59430882
My guess is either a capacitor or resistor

In summary you're a fucking caveman who's out $700
>>
Just glue it back in place
>>
>>59430924
This
Just keep your computer behind a few feet of concrete and you'll be fine
>>
>>59430882

should have bought AMD
>>
short it with your tongue.
>>
>>59430882

return it and say it came that way
>>
>>59430930
Fukushima 2.0 somewhere in the planet in 30 minutes
>>
>>59430964
this, build a sarcophagus around it immediately.
pic related, the NPP - Nvidia Power Planet.
>>
>>59431007
Accidental namefagging.
>>
IF YOU TURN IT ON IT WILL CREATE MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>59430882
Looks like a choke. Also seems like you really managed to fuck it up considering how damaged the case is and seeing how both of the legs have been ripped off.

Your card is most likely as good as dead until you replace it.
>>
Dear Sir ,

Myself , Rajesh of India . U shuld buy AMD becuz it is superior . Intel is a thief .

Please do the needful .

Yours sincerely ,

Rajesh
>>
>>59430882
If you have a hot air gun with a nozzle, you can solder it back on.

Otherwise, you have to send it back for (very expensive) repair.
>>
Take that piece throw it away and shipnot back, say it was doa. Try not to scratch anything or strip any screws when you out it back together. I know Amazon scrutinizes some of their more expensive returns.
>>
>>59431163
he can blow solder off with hot gun if he is not careful with timing
seeing how he managed to break soldered part I wouldn't recommend it

only hope is RMA
>>
>>59431163
>>59431182
Seems like all it needs is some heat and solder, the component, likely a choke, just "fell" off the board.

Fix it and report back OP/
>>
Isn't it a bad idea to buy the founders editions anyway?
>>
>>59430882
Consider suicide.
>>
>>59431003
>return it and say it came that way
this
>>
>>59430882
>single empty VRAM BGA grid
Someone defend this VRAM skimping bullshit
>>
>>59431295
he took cooler off.
>>
Put it in a oven for 10 min to resolder it back on.
>t. repaired my dead laptop motherboard back in 2009
>>
>>59430882

It would be much safer to buy a cheap hot air station just to solder that single component than to put the entire card trough the oven like what >>59431349 said
>>
>>59430882
dude, literally 10 seconds to solder it back.
>>
>>59431322
You'd rather they shaved off cores instead? Literally the only difference between it and the Titan XP is that 1GB of missing VRAM, and it's $500 cheaper.
>>
>>59431226
Nope, all recent nVidia cards are pure silicon lottery.
>>
>>59431003
kek
>>
Add more thermal paste and u will be gud
>>
>>59431129
Hello rajesh why do you have a poo poo hand and shit in the streets? Can't you just use a bathroom just like normal people?
>>
Soldering it back on should probably work fine, OP.
>>
>>59430882
RMA it if you want to play it safe.

more than likely its not too important.
>>
post this in /v/ and make them sperg out and call u dumb :3
>>
>>59431504
Just shows you how much of a ripoff the XP is later down the line. Was the same shit with last-gen's Titan and the 980 Ti.
Worst now since Nvidia had to gimp the 1080 ti just to not piss off Titan XP owners
>>
>>59430882
It looks like you tore the leads off - if you show me the top of the part, I'll find you a Digikey link for a replacement.

All you need to do then is soldier it on. I think its an inductor from this angle.
>>
>>59430882
>nvidia
wew
>>
>>59430882
Looks like an inductor but I could be wrong.

You're going to need to solder it back on. If you're too much of a fucking dolt to do that, please leave /g/.
>>
>>59430882
Hello Linus
>>
>>59430882
It's an inductor.

Hi res images of other 1080's all have an inductor labeled 1R0 in that spot. There should be one or two more just like it on the far right side of the pcb?

It looks like you've damaged the connectors, so I don't think you could reattach the one that you broke.

I don't know if the number 1R0 is enough to buy a replacement, or if you need more info.

Find an electronics hobbyist in your city or something.
>>
>>59431349
Don't do this, oven-ing electronics is for repairing bga (ball grid array) chip connecitons, like those solder balls you see in the unpopulated vram spot.
>>
>>59431749
He actually broke the connectors off of the inductor though, so it's not possible to simply reattach. Needs to get those broken parts off of the pcb, order a new inductor of the same type and solder it on there.
>>
>>59430939
orr... ya know just solder it back on?
>>
>>59431951
read the post above yours
>>
Apple doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>59432140
If you are a fucking mongoloid and you open up your macbook then it absolutely does.
>>
>>59431335
doesnt void warranty since forever for most brands
>>
Yeah the leads are completely fucked, you need a replacement.
>>
>>59431003
don't even say it came that way. once the cooler is back on it will most likely cover that area. just slap it back on and return it. unless you know, you somehow butchered the cooler that they can tell it was removed from glancing at it. just say you want your money back because you didn't like it or found something else.

unless the cooler had one of those "hurr warranty void if punctured / removed" you're good to go.
>>
File: sup.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sup.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>59430882
U gun doof'd
>>
>>59433199
also, by chance it doesn't, just "clean it up." ie, make it look like it was meant to be empty. a lot of electronics have empty spots like that where it looks like something was post to be there but wasn't added because they use universal pcb's.

example, my motherboard has a lot of "empty" solder spots where it looks like something can go there, but asus uses the same board for 4 different series and two different sockets.

so as long as it looks like it was meant to be empty, you're good to go.
>>
>>59431713
Where you not here for the 780ti/Titan or the 980ti/Titan?
>>
>>59430882
>missing vram chip
is nvidia jewing people again?
>>
>>59434942
Yeah but at least they're telling people it's 11gb only this time around.
>>
>>59430882
just solder it back you mongoloid
warranty and card are already fucked so at least try to save it however you can
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.