[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient software on education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: msdos_borland_turbo_c_2.01[1].gif (28KB, 648x408px) Image search: [Google]
msdos_borland_turbo_c_2.01[1].gif
28KB, 648x408px
I have been to two universities. One taught us basic programming on Turbo C, an the other one taught us assembly on TASM. These shits were already obsolete in the 90s; I remember that Turbo C even used conio.h instead of stdio.h because C still wasn't standardized back then. What is the reason for using this stuff in education in the current year? I can't think of any advantage.
>>
>>59426949
For education obviously. If you don't want to learn the way they want to teach you, teach yourself O Wise One.
>>
>>59426980

>.t someone who doesn't know shit about how coding even works

Why would you want to teach X with tools that have a vast difference with the ones currently used for X? This is like training with a bicycle for a motorcycle driving test.
>>
>>59426949
We used Turbo C++ too with their stupid headers. My uni was a total microcuck maker anyway so i left for good.
>>
Listen assholes, unlike your brand loyalty threads and fetishist circlejerks, this here is a relevant issue about the state of current tech. I better have a few well thought replies by the time I wake up in about 10 hours, otherwise I will post images of anime girls biting fish everyday until you like them. Bump.
>>
>>59426949
I thought that too. Later I had understood that the shit doesn't matter. They teach fundamental things which are mostly technology-agnostic. SICP for example is made of Scheme. It's convenient to them. You should be happy that you touched the history, it's like to work on a real PDP-11. You'll be full of hipster shit like Rust and Go after the university, don't complain about that.
>>
Turbo Pascal is still pretty cool.
>>
>>59427037
>I never used a motorcycle and I show you.
>>
>>59427037
>This is like training with a bicycle for a motorcycle driving test
That's a perfectly logical thing to do especially when practicing tight cornering
>>
Turbo C = Turbo Autism
>>
Because it doesn't matter; the fundamentals of programming haven't changed. Why are you even at university if you just want to be instructed in 'industry standard tools' (read: the university took a bribe).

At the start of my C classes the professor handed out Emacs cheat-sheets, there was much groaning about ancient text editors. It was quite funny.
>>
>>59428952
>groaning about emacs
Of course they will groan, why your shitty professor wants to condenm them to a life of finger pain and bloat?
>>
>>59426949
>indian detected
Kys street shitter
>>
File: soulja boy.jpg (49KB, 378x456px) Image search: [Google]
soulja boy.jpg
49KB, 378x456px
>>59428952
>emacs
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.