[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/entlemen. I've been toying with the idea of retrofitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nexus5.jpg (4MB, 2216x1964px) Image search: [Google]
nexus5.jpg
4MB, 2216x1964px
Hello /g/entlemen. I've been toying with the idea of retrofitting a user removable battery in my Nexus 5. The back is just a piece of plastic that snaps on, so I could probably cut some of the clips off and notch the side to allow the backing to be easily removed later. Then I would use electrical tape to protect some of the open holes on the plastic shielding that I've highlighted in purple. After that I would need to find an LG phone or some other kind of phone with a removable battery, so that I could use the little ribbon cable that connects to the red part and then to removable battery pins (assuming LG uses the same main board battery connectors across multiple devices, or that a design including this type of flex cable even exists). Then I would need to get batteries that fit in the phone. The ones from a Samsung Galaxy J1 seem to fit well in the space in the phone, and the pins are on the right side, which will be important. The blue line is what connects the mother board to the daughter board, and with an odd sized battery I have to think about sticking cardboard under that as a support.

>inb4 buy a new phone
That's boring.

Thoughts?
>>
nigggggerrrrrrrrrr
>>
I'll give you some help

Install ________

Hint: starts with gen and ends with too
>>
>>59422036
>>>/diy/qtddtot
>>>/g/sqt
>>>/g/spg
>>
>>59422082
Negro.

>>59422389
Funtoo?

>>59422444
I don't like /diy/. /g/sqt/ and /g/spg/ are for /v/tards and for consumer trash.
>>
>>59422036
just get a powerbank already

google g2 battery mod for nexus 5 if you need more SOT
>>
>>59422810
>just get a powerbank already
I have several.

>google g2 battery mod for nexus 5 if you need more SOT
This isn't my main phone. I'm doing this just because I can.
>>
>>59422859
>because I can
actually, you can't
I mean, technically you could, but why waste time on something you won't even use
>>
>>59422871
>why waste time on something you won't even use
For fun.
>>
>>59422880
then why ask /g/ instead of figuring this out yourself?
>>
>>59422880
I'm with this guy. Because you can.
>>
>>59422900
>then why ask /g/
I asked for thoughts on the project, not where to buy the parts. Your reading comprehension is crap. I figured some of us would much rather read about my plan to nigger rig a battery than scroll through another GPU or Mac thread.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.