[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this actually helpful to learn Python? I'm doing everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: logo_blue_dark.png (41KB, 3705x779px) Image search: [Google]
logo_blue_dark.png
41KB, 3705x779px
Is this actually helpful to learn Python?
I'm doing everything they ask but not absorbing a thing, just memorizing the codes.
Sometimes they ask to do something so stupid you waste 30min trying to figure it out like it's something out of this world.
>>
No. Download an unauthorized copy of Starting Out With Python and learn from a proper book which explains concepts properly.
>>
>>59419328
thank you, bro
>>
>>59419328
>banana slices on the cover
No thanks.
>>
>>59419412
wew
>>
>>59419206
Automate the boring stuff with Python. Codecademy is shit.
>>
>>59419431
Is everything I need in the automatetheboringstuff.com website or should I buy the book?
>>
>>59419487
You can find the book online if you look hard enough.
>>
>>59419487
pretty sure everything that's in the book is also on the website. Also, you could check out some courses on edX or coursera if you're interested.
>>
>>59419206
I'm not a programmer but I messed around on codecademy a couple years ago for poops and chuckles and I liked it. I went back a couple months ago and all the practice exercises and quizzes are behind a paywall now. So all you do is repeat what they show you on the screen without being able to apply it in separate exercises. I can't learn like that, I have to do something myself a few times so I actually know what I'm doing
>>
>>59419206
Learning Ruby on their platform atm. I'm enjoying the process but just treating it as a primer. Plan on doing learn ruby the hard way after I complete codecademy.
>>
>>59419431
>>59419487

The first ten lectures are free, the rest are available on udemy or you can get the book pdf if you google it. It falls off track around half way through though as it starts trying to teach automating programs before you have a solid foundation.

If you are more interested in learning the actual language I would recommend the book Starting Out With Python. Google for the pdf, it gives a much better intro and is a fantastic book for a beginner.
>>
Any recommended resources for learning Javascript?
>>
>to learn Python
Why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>59419206
you won't learn if you just go through the motions like a monkey. gotta have practical applications pham
>>
>>59419206
Yes.

-T.actual professional developer
>>
File: 34534535.jpg (34KB, 500x595px) Image search: [Google]
34534535.jpg
34KB, 500x595px
>>59419412
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.