[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he actually a hacker or just a insider who knows shit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Ed-Snowden-355486.jpg (56KB, 590x760px) Image search: [Google]
Ed-Snowden-355486.jpg
56KB, 590x760px
Is he actually a hacker or just a insider who knows shit and revealed it to the public?
>>
>>59418092
Just knows shit.
>>
Most likely better than any of us on /g/, but not 1337. Just an insider with knowledge.
>>
>>59418092
>Litereally gives up his US life and everything from here to leak documents about spying

>years later and the public still doesn't give a shit about said spying

I hate to say this but he did it all for nothing
>>
He was a human hacker, he got info he wasn't supposed to have by social engineering others at his workplace to giving him their passwords. Then he compiled all that data and leaked it after running.
>>
>>59418092

america hating communist spy
>>
>>59418128
what can people do about it?

sue the government?
>>
>>59418184
I dunno but what the fuck is anyone supposed to do about this?
I mean is installign linux and taping the webcam the only thing we can do? What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>59418184
Sure guys we won't do this anymore ;^)

-Government
>>
>>59418145
Being a patriot isn't means you have to blindly believe and support everything the government do and say. It's about the country itself, not the one who in charge.
>>
>>59418128

That's an exaggeration. I don't know how exactly people reacted to the leaks in the US. Where I live some companies for example have stopped trusting US based services with sensitive data.
>>
>>59418222
>implying Linux isn't already compromised
>>
>>59418145
Government!=Nation
>>
He is some fag who stole a flash drive with a ppt file on it from the CIA, which was fucking nothing.
>>
>>59418222
What you're supposed to do, and what Snowden told you to do, is to use encryption.
It'll at least buy you time.

If you think his efforts were completely wasted, I'll note that the backdoors he leaked have been fixed and the backdoored software abandoned.

>>59418601
Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
Isn't it all a big conspiracy and Obonger (or Trump) has no idea what the CIA and NSA do?

The people who are *actually* in power (the lizard people) work through the means of the CIA and NSA through covert operations to manipulate the general public and cause upheaval in the country and all across the world for whatever cause they deem necessary to achieve their goals.
>>
File: 1459932893502.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1459932893502.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>59418617
>is to use encryption.

OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOR USSSSSSSS

ADDDING ENCRYPTION IS SUCH A GOOD THING FOR THE USERS TO WORRY ABOUT NOW, MORE PASSWORDS TO REMEMBER , AND THIS TIME IF YOU FORGET YOUR PASSWORD IT'S ENCRYPTED FOREVER!

SUCH A GOOD IDEA SNOWDEN ARE YOU DONE? THAT'S IT? THAT'S THE BEST WE HAVE? ENCRYPTION? FUCKING ENCRYPTION THAT MAKES SHIT EVEN MORE GARBLED UP AND SLOWING DOWN THE COMPUTER?

Fuck this, he did it all for nothing. fuck encryption it's complicated for the normal user and a stupid solution that he recommended.
>>
File: IMG_7800.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7800.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>59418797
Oh come on.
You have no idea how this works, do you?
>>
>>59418222
>I dunno but what the fuck is anyone supposed to do about this?
Lobby against the NSA, avoid doing business in the U.S. or other five eyes police states, conduct private affairs out of earshot of electronic devices (watches, phones, laptops etc), boycott PRISM companies
>>
>>59418797
If you use your computer you won't forget the password.

Also my computer is still fast even with encryption. 'Course, my computer is fast in general.
>>
>>59418890
Doesn't matter, this bullshit where everything is "USE ENCRYPTION EVERYWHERE" just moves the goalposts from the wire to the ends. Instead of pwning your network they'll pwn your devices instead, whilst idiots who spout that shit think they are somehow safe from the big-bad-boogeyman of whatever media is leaking.

Protip: unless you are Snowden, or a terrorist, you probably don't have an IC threat. Do you even have a threat model?
>>
>>59418797
Why the black bars? Don't want the NSA to fap while reading /g/?
>>
>>59418493
>As if any countries' corporations and government are any better. Unless you're Swedish.
>>
>>59418979
Sorry meant to say if you use your computer A LOT.
>>
>>59418979
>Also my computer is still fast even with encryption.
This. When encrypting the harddisk the harddisk is the bottleneck, not the encryption. Unless you're running your software on a toaster.
>>
>>59418092
Neither, a CIA shill
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout
>>
>>59418993
You're right on it being a constant arms race, but that doesn't mean that it was a useless race.
By using encryption, you eliminate one weakness in your security. Now you have one less hole to worry about.
You're saying that closing one hole is stupid because they'll just go to the next one. If anything, leaving any hole open is the stupid thing to do. See, 'they' aren't a single entity. It's way harder for the NSA to get their data from Google than it is to get their data directly off the cable. And Google can't get data off the cable because they don't have any besides Google Fiber.
also, you're acting like they didn't already own all your devices. They do.

Protip: Everyone turns into a terrorist when it's convenient for those who are allowed to purge terrorists.
>>
>>59418145
You're thinking of Donald Trump.
>>
>>59419309
Trump is as American as apple pie.
>>
>>59418493
but is still using windows, google and apple
>>
>>59419339
Trump is the most Jewish president you've ever had.
>>
>>59418617
>I'll note that the backdoors he leaked have been fixed and the backdoored software abandoned.
Can I get info of this?
>>
>>59418092
just knows shit
not like he claimed anything else either
>>
>>59418092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

he is informer
>>
>>59418128
thats just wrong.
Snowden has showed the world just how badly the US government has its all seeing eyes.

we found out that even though The United States had the ability to get whatever they wanted from google/facebook/microsoft, they still went behind said companies and hacked their communications.

before snowden, Google, would encrypt their sever-to-client connections but not (google)server-to-(google)server connections.

most sites didn't even have SSL and sites that did had horrible connections (half the page wouldn't load and would throw out a shit ton of erros)
now everything has SSL, everything has encryption.

end-to-end encryption is getting more and more popular.
easy to wash your hands of anything remotely bad.
>>
>>59418101
This. He knows his shit. Great programmer. Misunderstood prodigy.
>>
>>59418092
he was hired as IT.
not as a hacker.
just like a security guard isn't an assassin.
>>
>>59418184
havent you watched duh movies? you can't sue dah goberment :) who will provide your mcdonalds and make the stop signs
>>
File: tovarish eddy.jpg (51KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
tovarish eddy.jpg
51KB, 480x354px
>>59418092
I work for the FSB, ask me anything
>>
File: octopus.jpg__600x0_q85_upscale.jpg (276KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
octopus.jpg__600x0_q85_upscale.jpg
276KB, 600x600px
>>
>>59420029
>EDVARD DZHOZEF SNOUDEN

lel
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.