[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: Apple-watch-vs-Android-Wear.jpg (44KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-watch-vs-Android-Wear.jpg
44KB, 620x349px
>>
Pebble got nuked.
>>
>>59416307
These things are still coming out by the truckload, they're also getting cheaper.

I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
Android figured out how to make a realistic looking watch
>>
>>59416307
Android wear is dead. They don't know what to do anymore
>>
>>59416307
>battery has to be recharged every fucking day
>vs any other of the millions of unique watch designs that last years in comparison

Yeah, I wonder what went wrong.
>>
>>59416307
1. screen is so tiny it's basically useless
2. there's zero point to having one when watches have told time for hundreds of years, and none of the added "functionality" matters when you have a smartphone in your pocket.
>>
>>59416965
>not taking off your watch before going tl bed and putting it to charge
Fucking idiot
>>
>>59418012
>not taking off your watch before going tl bed and putting it to charge
>Fucking idiot

How about taking off your watch before bed and not having to charge it at all?

Fucking consumer-trash mong.
>>
>>59416965
i never understood people who consider this to be a problem
whether i'm wearing a normal watch or my moto 360 i always take it off when i go to sleep. I don't see how putting it on a stand instead of on the desk makes any difference.
Do people really sleep with their watches on?
>>
File: meme.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
dumb phoneposters get OUT
REEEEEEE
>>
>>59418053
How about just not buying a wrist-fedora at all?
>>
>>59418119
shut the fuck up bin laden
>>
File: 1374616662089.png (245KB, 1201x493px) Image search: [Google]
1374616662089.png
245KB, 1201x493px
>>59418074
>Do people really sleep with their watches on?

Where was this implied? No where.

Why should you need to recharge it? A typical watch does the job fine and there are vastly more unique designs. Smartwatches are a fucking fad bought by morons. In the future when we look back at this decade, people with smartwatches will be laughed at like people with flares and sideburns were in the 70s, whereas practical, classy traditional watches will still be around.
>>
>>59418119
>tfw I unironically use this
>>
>>59418161
they're a convenience and nobody forces you to buy one
why are you having such a fit over a product that obviously isn't targeted at you
i like mine and it has served me well, and the problem of having to charge it literally doesn't affect me as i said in the previous post
>>
>>59416307

I wish Android had a watch that was square like the Apple watch.
>>
>>59418119
allahu akhbar
>>
>>59418473
it has plenty of such watches
>>
>>59418308
>they're a convenience

Subjective. To me, they are not but rather the contrary.

>and nobody forces you to buy one

How astute.

>why are you having such a fit over a product that obviously isn't targeted at you

Are you sure that isn't you that is having a fit over someone (me) pointing out the obvious irrelevance of a 'smartwatch'? You no doubt have a smartphone and also it cannot be doubted you cannot afford a nice traditional watch. So, you have gained another device that needs charged, has a limited life by design, can be a potential security risk (battery), can be made obsolete by software in a few years all for what? It certainly isn't gaining you increased functionality. You just can't help but justify a shitty purchase. Sorry.

>i like mine and it has served me well

Good for you. Millions of plebs bought tablets and are happy with them. They're the same people that rush out and buy the latest sports footwear or latest pop album. Wahey, you're a consumer.
>>
the only reason to wear a watch is to project a sense of wealth to those in the lower classes

neither of these are ostentatious enough for their fashion sensibilities.

maybe if they were gold?
>>
>>59418473
I wish I could just use my Apple watch on an android phone.
>>
>>59418738
That's what I love about smart watches, they actually have utility outside of telling time and making you look like a dickhead unlike normal watches.
>>
>>59418127
fucking /thread
>>
>>59416307
I wageslave part time in a cafe and someone paid for their food using apple watch apple pay NFC, and it looked like the most impractical shit ever

no clue why people buy this ugly shit
>>
>>59416307
>Screen so small that it's kinda pointless
>Having to regularly charge your watch
>Eh styling

Smart watches were an okay idea, but in reality they are pretty pointless.
>>
Too thick, shit battery life and expensive.
>>
>>59416307
It's early days, children.
None of you are old enough to remember what the early PCs looked like and how they failed to perform. TI had a PC, so did Cromemco. Intertec had their Super Brain.
KIM, AIM and OSI all had 6502-based kits in the '70s. The PC of today didn't spring fully-formed into life. It's taken 40 years.
>>
>>59416307
>They are not making the Moto 360 anymore, so Apple won I guess
>>
>>59419115
I don't know about that. After using mine since December I can't imagine going without it.
>>
>>59418053
>go to bed
>put your laptop to charge
>put your smartphone to charge
>put you smartwatch to charge
>put your smart vacuum to charge
>put your ecig to charge
>put yourself to charge
>put your life like sex doll to charge
>put your cat to charge
>tfw no sockets left to charge your pillow
>>
>>59418161
The people with flares and sideburns were the ones getting laid in the 70s. Not everything has to be a timeless classic
>>
>>59418729
>Are you sure that isn't you that is having a fit over someone (me) pointing out the obvious irrelevance of a
"watch"?
>>
File: IMG_0383.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
the Apple Watch is pretty dope, and the wrist band interchangeability is something I appreciate and use often. Had a moto 360 before this on my Android, switched to iPhone explicitly for the Apple Watch, haven't regretted it.

Being able to track my swimming is dope as fuck.
>>
>purchasing a small mobile device so you don't have to reach for your slightly larger mobile device

It's fucking trash
>>
>>59421979
tell me more about how dope it is
>>
>>59422398
its dope man
>>
>>59416307
smartwatchs was literally a meme, the people who buy it just discover they are pointless and unpractical if you have a smartphone
normies (the principal target) dont like it
the watchfags hate it
only a few "geeks" and 13yo kids buys one just because they want to look cool
the rest think is a retarded idea a watch that need to be recharged every day
small screen make it useless like a smart device
battery make it useless like a watch
>>
File: xiaomi mi band 2.jpg (79KB, 1050x1324px) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi mi band 2.jpg
79KB, 1050x1324px
just got the xiaomi mi band 2 cause i spend more time on /fit/ than /g/ now.

won't be getting a smartwatch for another generation or two. flexible screens when?
>>
>>59416965
Kinda like how no one uses smart phones because older phones didn't need to be charged everyday.
>>
>>59422979
This.
It's does the things that make a smartwatch useful but doesn't cost a couple grand.
>>
>>59421979
There are actually people who put a watch on their right wrist?
>>
File: W800H-1AV_large[1].png (222KB, 314x510px) Image search: [Google]
W800H-1AV_large[1].png
222KB, 314x510px
>>59418119
I have a w800h coming on the way :3
>>
>>59423655
It's called being left handed.
>>
Bought a zenwatch 2 on sale for like $90. Lasts 2 days on a charge,

Some stuff is neat like the notifications (Robinhood, gmail, texts, facebook, traffic/weather reports etc.)

Dont use the Dick Tracy speakerphone cause its terrible

Id do it again too, just wouldn't spend more than $100 for one
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.