[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /g/ protect itself against hardware/microcode botnet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1472341667843.jpg (3MB, 3009x2007px) Image search: [Google]
1472341667843.jpg
3MB, 3009x2007px
how does /g/ protect itself against hardware/microcode botnet?
>>
Libreboot + running only free software + not using hardware made after 2008.
>>
>>59412970
But you use internet, which means you are fucked.
>>
>>59412959
>miceocode botnet
do you even know what the fuck microcode is?
>>
>>59412959
stone-age hardware (K8 laptop, Core2 desktop and a Steamroller desktop) that doesn't run """""""""trusted""""""""""""""""""""""" code
>>
>>59413234
found the """smart""" guy
>>
That's the trick... I don't. I use a fully botnetified setup (backdoored hardware, Windows 10 with all telemetry enabled, Chrome etc.). This way NSA won't even bother looking at my data because they know a real criminal wouldn't use this setup.
>>
>>59413187
Explain.
>>
>>59413330
Hiding in plain sight
>>
>>59413330
Some worker at the NSA won't.
The algo's will, though.
>>
File: 1489374767015.jpg (681KB, 1971x1971px)
1489374767015.jpg
681KB, 1971x1971px
>>59413236
Core 2 Duo boards have the IME botnet, the later ones anyway. The same boards that you can convert from LGA775 to 771 to run Xeons definitely have it.
AMD is to my knowledge botnet free up until 800 series chipsets and Phenom II X6 series.
>>
>>59412959
Forth is the ultimate microcode and no you can't protect yourself from it
>>
>>59413338
You can't hide what you do on the net.
>All your data goes through dozens of servers. You can't stop the botnet from coming in if you're on the net.
>Every software/firmware has holes. (you might not agree with this, but you have to agree point 1 is still an issue)
Wireless connection is not safe at all
>If you're using wifi/bluetooth your packets can be sniffed.
To add to the point above, and as an issue on it's own.
>Every encryption can break, don't trust it.
>>
I design my own CPU in Logisys and do everything I need through that in a JVM on FreeBSD.

It's not a complete system yet
but it will be finished before hurd
>>
>>59413338
Not them, but going the paranoid route (which seems to be the correct one more often these days) things like the Ken Thompson hack may be in practice. That's to say, anything you download from the internet that's been compiled may be compromised.

Not to say that it'd be a practical way to handle it. There have been backdoors in hardware since well before 2008 like the initial post mentions.
>>
>>59413635
Forgot another part on the first sentence. To go along with it, the compiler you use to build from source may also be compromised. The compiler used to build itself may be compromised, and capable of detecting its own source. It's honestly easier to read into it yourself.
>>
>>59413330
You visited 4chan and it is a tick for your NSA profile.
It's not exactly a criminal activity but as soon as you try to say anything against current government, you will be visited. Or even your boss may threaten you to not walk outside to support protesters.
>>
>>59413632
>
but it will be finished before hurd

rude
>>
>>59412959
It's not possible.
/thread
>>
>>59414687
It is. See >>59412970
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.